Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

England - Potential Squad for Brazil

England - Potential Squad for Brazil

Old Oct 18th 2013, 10:19 am
Vendor

Joe_Lowry7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default England - Potential Squad for Brazil

A lot of people have opinions about who their 23 man squad is, what would yours be????

Goalkeepers -
Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Jack Butland

Defenders -
Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill , Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Phil Jagielka, Chris Smalling,

Midfielders -
Steven Gerrard, Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott, Andros Townsend, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Frank Lampard, Ross Barkley, Ravel Morrison

Strikers -
Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck, Jermaine Defoe, Andy Carroll

There is still a long time to go and injuries or a good season could change the outcome of what the squad could be.

Will be interesting to see what everyone else's squad would be!
Old Oct 18th 2013, 11:08 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England - Potential Squad for Brazil

Seeing it written down like that has just reminded me how much further we have to go.......... I am sure the squad will look something like that and there will not be a world class player amongst them........ at least this time we can go to the World Cup with absolutely no expectation of doing anything and use it as experience......... feeling depressed now I have seen that list.

Usually we go the the World Cup with at least an expectation of a last 8 finish (which we mostly achieve ish)
Old Oct 18th 2013, 11:20 am
Vendor

Joe_Lowry7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: England - Potential Squad for Brazil

Originally Posted by jimmydean View Post
Seeing it written down like that has just reminded me how much further we have to go.......... I am sure the squad will look something like that and there will not be a world class player amongst them........ at least this time we can go to the World Cup with absolutely no expectation of doing anything and use it as experience......... feeling depressed now I have seen that list.

Usually we go the the World Cup with at least an expectation of a last 8 finish (which we mostly achieve ish)
JimmyDean, it doesn't give you that feeling in your stomach like previous tournaments, I agree.

We are miles off from Germany, Spain even Belgium to name a few.

I do think it is good going there with little or no expectation though! Hopefully there will not be all that negative press on the build up etc.

I think if you go there will no pressure and try to "have a go" you never know, worst case scenario at least it would be entertaining.

But Roy Hodgson has shown in the past his main priority, in most, if not all football matches is to sit tight and don't concede, which is a fair point, if you don't concede you don't lose, unfortunately in tournament football there has to be a loser, therefore penalties and I don't think I even have to mention previous penalty shoot outs to realise its not really England's forte!!

Lets hope our youngsters coming through have unbelievable seasons!!!!!