British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

ededed Sep 5th 2017 8:17 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12331395)
I can't avoid it any longer. This international break is hatefully tedious, I have done my best to avoid all the England chatter but it covers pages and pages of websites and is equally dull.

Were we any good or are we just coasting by shit teams waiting to be dicked all over by competent, forward thinking, attacking European / World sides at a big tournament?

Wait.

I don't actually care.

Bring back the Premier League so I can watch Saints play like England. :thumbup:

:goodpost:

I ****ing hate it. I can't stand the whole Engerlund thing. Can't stand living in Scotland where the fans check England's result before their own. Just hate the whole thing. Looks like all United's players came through without injury, that's all that matters.

Am I still alone in thinking Rashford is massively over-hyped? Conceded possession for the Slovakia goal, shit corner where England fluked the equaliser and looked like a typically scuffed shot for the winner. I don't mind him being lucky - long may it continue - but I'm still not convinced he's the answer to all United's problems.

Scamp Sep 5th 2017 8:34 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12331403)
Am I still alone in thinking Rashford is massively over-hyped? Conceded possession for the Slovakia goal, shit corner where England fluked the equaliser and looked like a typically scuffed shot for the winner. I don't mind him being lucky - long may it continue - but I'm still not convinced he's the answer to all United's problems.

I said it before, he's another Danny Welbeck.
He'll score a few, he'll do alright but he's not the messiah, he belongs at West Ham or Saints or Everton or someone equally shit like Liverpool.

ededed Sep 5th 2017 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12331413)
I said it before, he's another Danny Welbeck.
He'll score a few, he'll do alright but he's not the messiah, he belongs at West Ham or Saints or Everton or someone equally shit like Liverpool.

Or Arsenal.

Scamp Sep 5th 2017 10:32 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12331433)
Or Arsenal.

Are you trying to tell me there's a team linked to the famous YouTube channel?

What next? BBC FC?

Cainess Sep 5th 2017 1:03 pm

Let me be in the minority (along with Sultan... anyone seen him recently??) currently IN LOVE with International football.... :cool: :thumbsup: :p

Michael O'Neill should be knighted and have a huge statue at Belfast City Hall.... he's taken a rag-tag bunch of West Brom defenders, Championship midfielders and no-mark strikers (oh, and Super Stevie Davis!! :thumbup:) to guaranteed second place in our Group, and we could still mathematically overtake ze Germans (OK, that last bit won't happen, but hey....this is UNREAL!!) Windsor Park was rocking against the Czechs, and the Germans (up next) won't fancy it one bit.

Engerland? Boring...over-hyped, and "coached" by an utter plonker whose level is Middlesbrough. Rashford is a very decent young kid who COULD make it to be a world-class player, and I guess pulling on an Engerland shirt let's him experience playing in front of utter weapons who abuse their OWN players (won't happen at his club). The majority of Engerland "fans" deserve to be beaten soundly on the arse with a 2 x 4....

The return of the Premier League? HALLELUJAH!! Much as Norn Iron are absolutely flying at the minute, all that stuff can wait until we go to kick butt in Russia next summer.... play-offs, you say? What play-offs? Nay bother, lad... :sneaky:

Scamp Sep 5th 2017 1:12 pm

I hope neither Irish side qualify. Just like I hope the Welsh don't.

The Scots can though, it would make my Dad marginally happier.

zargof Sep 5th 2017 1:49 pm

So Rooney got fined over 300K for his drink driving twattishness. It sounds like a huge amount of money until you realise it's only 2 weeks wages.

Fck!

Oh and I can't wait for Koeman's press conference, it's going to be interesting, with Rooney, Barkley and Mirallas all being problems.

Cainess Sep 5th 2017 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12331621)
So Rooney got fined over 300K for his drink driving twattishness. It sounds like a huge amount of money until you realise it's only 2 weeks wages.

Fck!

Oh and I can't wait for Koeman's press conference, it's going to be interesting, with Rooney, Barkley and Mirallas all being problems.

I'd say that is the LEAST of his worries.... Colleen will take him for 50% of everything he has unless he can talk her out of not walking away on him, the utter twat. He should be thankful to be married to a girl like her instead of being out trying to get his end away with gold-digging bimbos... :thumbdown:

pommybird Sep 5th 2017 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12331587)
Let me be in the minority (along with Sultan... anyone seen him recently??) currently IN LOVE with International football.... :cool: :thumbsup: :p

Michael O'Neill should be knighted and have a huge statue at Belfast City Hall.... he's taken a rag-tag bunch of West Brom defenders, Championship midfielders and no-mark strikers (oh, and Super Stevie Davis!! :thumbup:) to guaranteed second place in our Group, and we could still mathematically overtake ze Germans (OK, that last bit won't happen, but hey....this is UNREAL!!) Windsor Park was rocking against the Czechs, and the Germans (up next) won't fancy it one bit.

Engerland? Boring...over-hyped, and "coached" by an utter plonker whose level is Middlesbrough. Rashford is a very decent young kid who COULD make it to be a world-class player, and I guess pulling on an Engerland shirt let's him experience playing in front of utter weapons who abuse their OWN players (won't happen at his club). The majority of Engerland "fans" deserve to be beaten soundly on the arse with a 2 x 4....

The return of the Premier League? HALLELUJAH!! Much as Norn Iron are absolutely flying at the minute, all that stuff can wait until we go to kick butt in Russia next summer.... play-offs, you say? What play-offs? Nay bother, lad... :sneaky:

O'Neill has done an incredible job given the players he has.

I hear Dele maybe disciplined over a 'middle finger' incident at yesterday's game.

The return of the PL makes me very nervous, given the fixtures this weekend.

SpoogleDrummer Sep 5th 2017 4:28 pm

Suddenly us playing Moreno makes sense, Clyne is long term crocked (I blame Southampton selling us a lemon) so we're trying to get people to attack us down the left rather than the right. Granted Gomez and Arnold have been OK so far I wonder what would happen if they're actually targeted. I don't think we'll be seeing many 0-0 draws any time soon.

Former Lancastrian Sep 6th 2017 7:08 pm

Not that anybody is counting but

Today marks 10,000 days since Liverpool last won the league and it wasn't even called the Premier League.:sneaky:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/today...league.432194/

Cainess Sep 6th 2017 8:39 pm

Yes, I recall the "26 years" jibes we used to get thrown at us back in 1992-93, chiefly by the scousers.... seems like a twilight world, now....;)

Sir Alex knocked them "off their *eckin* perch" and all those glory-hunters in my school playground haven't sniffed a league title since (several of them are now Chelsea 'supporters'!! :rofl: :cool:)

Still, the lesson to learn from the past is never to repeat the same mistakes that others did back then, so we'll say no more on the matter.... with the likes of Chelsea, citeh & Spurs around these days, the Dippers have more than "26 years" to worry about.... ;)

JamesM Sep 7th 2017 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12332726)

Sir Alex knocked them "off their *eckin* perch" and all those glory-hunters in my school playground haven't sniffed a league title since (several of them are now Chelsea 'supporters'!! :rofl: :cool:)

Yup! I called out an old high school "friend" on Facebook who was harping on about Chelsea.

Was definitely a Liverpool fan all those years ago.

Tosser!

SpoogleDrummer Sep 7th 2017 2:52 am

All the glory hunters I knew definitely got a sniff of the title since then because of their very nature they became Man United fans. I can honestly say I only knew 1 Manchester United fan at school I didn't consider a glory hunter, the rest were definitely Liverpool fans before then. No clue who any of them support now though as they're not the kind of people I'd keep in contact with.

johnwoo Sep 7th 2017 4:04 am

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12332842)
Yup! I called out an old high school "friend" on Facebook who was harping on about Chelsea.

Was definitely a Liverpool fan all those years ago.

Tosser!

I wouldn't have thought those types of fans were unique to Chelsea?
When Spurs win a few Trophies their fan base will increase too.