British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

Garbatellamike Jul 20th 2017 10:19 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12298442)
Big fish in a small pond.......

A man who stayed loyal to his club when the big clubs came calling - great player and rightly a Saints legend

jam25mack Jul 20th 2017 10:34 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12298457)
A man who stayed loyal to his club when the big clubs came calling - great player and rightly a Saints legend

Similarly Stevie Me.

jam25mack Jul 20th 2017 10:39 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12298456)
Who inspired a generation, ask Iniesta.

Didn't know he said that. Did he also not say Scholes was his favourite player and the one he moulded himself on?

In other news, it seems United's academy is outstripping all others yet again with over 44,000 EPL player minutes last season. No.2 was Spurs at around 20,000.

Edit. This includes united academy players from all EPL teams.

Garbatellamike Jul 20th 2017 10:43 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12298466)
Didn't know he said that. Did he also not say Scholes was his favourite player and the one he moulded himself on?

In other news, it seems United's academy is outstripping all others yet again with over 44,000 EPL player minutes last season. No.2 was Spurs at around 20,000.

Edit. This includes united academy players from all EPL teams.

and no 3 was City just behind Spurs. :goodpost:

Garbatellamike Jul 20th 2017 10:45 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12298464)
Similarly Stevie Me.

He was at a big club already though so a bit different from Le Tis (who was nearly as good on the ball as Kinkladze btw).

Scamp Jul 20th 2017 10:46 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12298466)
Didn't know he said that. Did he also not say Scholes was his favourite player and the one he moulded himself on?

In other news, it seems United's academy is outstripping all others yet again with over 44,000 EPL player minutes last season. No.2 was Spurs at around 20,000.

Edit. This includes united academy players from all EPL teams.

Hmm. Celebrating a big injury list. :huh:

Garbatellamike Jul 20th 2017 10:49 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12298473)
Hmm. Celebrating a big injury list. :huh:

It's a bit skewed though as Utd are counting the world's most expensive transfer as an academy product in the calculation hence they are top.

ededed Jul 20th 2017 11:25 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12298341)
Cantona was an average Le Tissier. Just accept it.

Blocked and reported.


Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12298371)
It's whatever you paid to buy back Pogba isn't it? :sneaky:

Very good. Well played.

jam25mack Jul 20th 2017 12:59 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12298472)
He was at a big club already though so a bit different from Le Tis (who was nearly as good on the ball as Kinkladze btw).

Are they a big club these days? ;)


Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12298473)
Hmm. Celebrating a big injury list. :huh:

Not really, I'd say if you took all the youngsters we needed to bring in off we'd still be top.


Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12298475)
It's a bit skewed though as Utd are counting the world's most expensive transfer as an academy product in the calculation hence they are top.

Not at all. Pogba played 2,600 odd mins so take that from 44,000 and they'd still double Citys.

Also, even though he moved and came back that doesn't alter the fact that hes still a product of United's academy.

jam25mack Jul 20th 2017 1:01 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
In similar fashion can anyone say who's Chelsea's longest serving player.

Hint..... he's never played a first team game for them.... :eek::ohmy: and has been on loan for 9, yes 9 seasons.

DaveLovesDee Jul 20th 2017 1:10 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12298550)
In similar fashion can anyone say who's Chelsea's longest serving player.

Hint..... he's never played a first team game for them.... :eek::ohmy: and has been on loan for 9, yes 9 seasons.

Matej Delac, but he's been there 7 seasons and loaned to 10 different clubs.

Scamp Jul 20th 2017 1:17 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12298546)
Also, even though he moved and came back that doesn't alter the fact that hes still a product of United's academy.

Come on mate. 2 years at your academy. Jonny Evans did two years in your academy....Just stick to the class of 92, there's still mileage in it whilst they're alive or on TV.

I should claim more Bale credit after 7 years with us in the academy.

DaveLovesDee Jul 20th 2017 1:21 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12298466)
Didn't know he said that. Did he also not say Scholes was his favourite player and the one he moulded himself on?

In other news, it seems United's academy is outstripping all others yet again with over 44,000 EPL player minutes last season. No.2 was Spurs at around 20,000.

Edit. This includes united academy players from all EPL teams.

What are the numbers if you only include minutes of players currently at each club's academy?

jam25mack Jul 20th 2017 1:30 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12298569)
Come on mate. 2 years at your academy. Jonny Evans did two years in your academy....Just stick to the class of 92, there's still mileage in it whilst they're alive or on TV.

Jonnys counted in the article too.... ;):rofl:

I think saying it was only the class of 92 is a disservice to the academy players we have brought through (Rashford, Jesse etc) and the youngsters who have been given a debut over the last few seasons. LvG and Jose have done there fair share of it, some of it admittedly was forced on them but still.


Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12298569)
I should claim more Bale credit after 7 years with us in the academy.

You should. Still wouldn't put you top dog even if he was in the EPL. Maybe your academy wins the La Liga one though! :ohmy:

jam25mack Jul 20th 2017 1:51 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12298571)
What are the numbers if you only include minutes of players currently at each club's academy?

Haven't the foggiest.....

Which EPL team has the most squad players who are products of the academy?


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:37 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.