British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

Garbatellamike Feb 3rd 2018 6:31 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Originally Posted by BenK91 (Post 12433948)
I'm absolutely chuffed with this score, 3-0 at 19 minutes.

To the people saying Mangala is useless, you are all very, very correct! He is utter toilet.

not saying just sharing experience

Garbatellamike Feb 3rd 2018 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12433827)
Well thats a fiver down the drain. Bet Kompany wouldn't last the 1st half but it did look promising when he clattered into the keeper.

Title race back on then lads now only 16 pts behind with a game in hand.

So Jose has either taken a hit of acid this morning or is making a statement

Todays starting 11

David de Gea
Marcos Rojo
Chris Smalling
Luke Shaw
Antonio Valencia
Juan Mata
Jesse Lingard
Nemanja Matic
Scott McTominay
Alexis Sanchez
Romelu Lukaku

Pgba, Martial, Young, Carrick, Lindelof, Rashford & Romero on the bench.

You were right about changes , Pogba to the bench and Jones out of the squad seems like Maureen is sending a message to the poor performers

Former Lancastrian Feb 3rd 2018 10:27 pm

So I guess most of us are fairly happy with our teams performances this weekend though the Spurs contingent have to wait until tomorrow. A nice 2 - 2 draw would suit me.

So Jose wasn't on drugs when he dropped Pogba to the bench and relegated Jones probably to tea making duties although I expect an announcement that he will be out for a couple of weeks with an injury sustained while picking up the boiling kettle and then hearing his phone ring.

Prior to kick off redcafe was in meltdown at the team selection. Fans eh cant please them all. I applaud Jose for doing this but it was either Smalling or Jones that was gonna be yanked. Uddersfield showed their tremendous dogged determination in defending and a lot of well timed tackles on McTominay in the penalty box kept Yernited at bay and probably had the crowd wondering if Jose had made the right team selection going in 0 - 0 at half time.
Second half more dominance by Yernited which was rewarded when Mata played in a sublime cross to the donkey Lukaku who cannot control a ball with his 1st touch;) Sanchez better smarten up spent more time on the grass than on his feet and has no skill in turning a defender. I bet the USS Gerald R Ford class carrier can turn quicker than him
DeGea whats the point sell him to Madrid. Bit of a lazy bastard today and looked totally pissed off when he had to collect a cross. All in all a slow start but very controlled dominant Yernited performance and now only 13 pts behind those who will remain nameless.

Scamp Feb 4th 2018 5:08 am

**** off Pardew you saggy old ****.

What a strike from Lemina, easily one of our best players yet doesn't start regularly.

ededed Feb 4th 2018 6:53 am

United. Shit first half. Much better in the second. Sanchez got fouled about a dozen times, but until Pogba came on was the best player on the pitch. Those two playing together was a thing of beauty.

Shout out to 2 people yesterday. The Huddersfield player who was dying and screaming for a card when the ball broke to him and he leapt up and scampered down the wing, and (sigh) the ref. Absolute shambles again. Beyond words.

ededed Feb 4th 2018 7:09 am

Oh - and Sterling / City. Ha ha ha ha. Even we beat Burnley away!

Scamp Feb 4th 2018 7:43 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12434341)
Even we beat Burnley away!

Talk about scraping the barrel eh.

That's up there with '99 yeah?

ededed Feb 4th 2018 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12434354)
Talk about scraping the barrel eh.

That's up there with '99 yeah?

Is English your first language?

Scamp Feb 4th 2018 8:31 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12434365)
Is English your first language?

Even when I dumb it down so you can understand it's still a mile too far.

Here's a question, could Sanchez replace Lukaku as a the main striker? Could they play together as a front two?

Garbatellamike Feb 4th 2018 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12434341)
Oh - and Sterling / City. Ha ha ha ha. Even we beat Burnley away!

you know my view on Sterling scored 14 goals but has missed 492 open goals this season - *****r

ededed Feb 4th 2018 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12434377)
Here's a question, could Sanchez replace Lukaku as a the main striker? Could they play together as a front two?

You could replace Lukaku. He’s been dreadful. I was wrong about him - I thought he was what we needed. He isn’t. But sanchez is. I’d play him up front with Lingard or Martial as a 10. Pogba needs to play just behind him, he’s still too deep.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12434379)
you know my view on Sterling scored 14 goals but has missed 492 open goals this season - *****r

He’s a better player than he was, but he’s still a horrible prick. Not sure how you didn’t win that game 8-1.

Hilarious that Pep named 6 subs too - as a statement to the board that he needs more players. You have to admire his total shithousery.

Scamp Feb 4th 2018 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12434468)
You could replace Lukaku. He’s been dreadful. I was wrong about him - I thought he was what we needed. He isn’t. But sanchez is. I’d play him up front with Lingard or Martial as a 10. Pogba needs to play just behind him, he’s still too deep.

He’s a better player than he was, but he’s still a horrible prick. Not sure how you didn’t win that game 8-1.

Hilarious that Pep named 6 subs too - as a statement to the board that he needs more players. You have to admire his total shithousery.

I think Mourinho should try it, Sanchez is actually world class, Lukaku can control the ball further than any of us could kick it.

Pogba isn't a deep lying midfielder, he needs to play forwards and charge around dabbing more. It'd at least make United more interesting.

Pep did it to highlight the abuse the players at City suffer from other teams, the mean tackling and nastiness. Will get chastised by many United fans who ironically spend forever whining about referees and bemoaning how unfair life is. ****ing morons.

Former Lancastrian Feb 4th 2018 11:47 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12434468)

Some Yernited fans made comments about that. I think Pep needs to spend another 75 million at least to get at least one or two more players after all its not coming out of his pocket and the owner has some spare change to get rid of.
As for Lukaku verdict is still out. Many say he is a donkey many say well you cant score if not getting the service and is getting a lot of unwarranted criticism.

Former Lancastrian Feb 4th 2018 2:08 pm

Nice to see the Crystals are still performing and the EPL aren't getting rid of them (yet) unlike the PDC walk on girls and the F1 grid girls. Im sure the Boxing and UFC ring girls will be under scrutiny and hell what about the NFL cheerleading squads. Can you imagine no Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. NBA, MLS, NHL & CFL and others will be monitoring this.
When I was young I always thought Pans People came apart as I overheard my dad commenting on how he would like to screw the arse of that blonde one.

Oh apparently we unfurled a banner at OT yesterday Welcoming Alexis, Humber & Atom (his 2 dogs) but the Stewards quickly removed it. Fans divided over it being somewhat cheesy, embarrassing or a good thing.
Fans were unanimous on unfurling one at the Emptyhad showing Sterling and his seeing eye dog.

Messi on the bench today. Citeh now enquiring what his buy out clause is?

ededed Feb 4th 2018 5:22 pm

Klopp getting a ban for dancing down the pitch? No, of course not.

Exciting game at Anfield - what a finish - great call from the linesman and some bottle for Kane to score it after his earlier ****-up. Scouse fans shouting “cheat” when it was nailed on.

But a great result for us.