British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

DaveLovesDee Jun 28th 2017 8:08 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12281893)
The prodigal son has returned.

Now we have a manager I expect us to be out there signing superstars from the U21 Euro's.

And selling them to Liverpool in a couple of seasons....

Scamp Jun 28th 2017 8:10 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12281991)
And selling them to Liverpool in a couple of seasons....

Once they've decided they've had enough of being good. :thumbsup:

johnwoo Jun 28th 2017 6:54 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12280474)
Man Utd appear to be buying Nemanja Matic from Chelsea.

Where he will go from abominable to admirable. Wonderful what a change of shirt can do for ones character.

DaveLovesDee Jun 28th 2017 7:01 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by johnwoo (Post 12282534)
Where he will go from abominable to admirable. Wonderful what a change of shirt can do for ones character.

Only for players.

Glory-hunters and thugs will always be the same no matter which team's colours they're wearing this season...

johnwoo Jun 28th 2017 7:14 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12282536)
Only for players.

Glory-hunters and thugs will always be the same no matter which team's colours they're wearing this season...

The colours one sees on the streets depends a lot on which team happens to be winning at the time. No matter what the sport.

I'm seeing a lot of "Golden State Warriors" shirts around here.

pommybird Jun 28th 2017 7:20 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by johnwoo (Post 12282543)
The colours one sees on the streets depends a lot on which team happens to be winning at the time. No matter what the sport.

I'm seeing a lot of "Golden State Warriors" shirts around here.

Hey John, looks like AFCB are on the verge of signing Ake, he was impressive when they had him on loan and it's not like you lot need him.

johnwoo Jun 28th 2017 7:36 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12282547)
Hey John, looks like AFCB are on the verge of signing Ake, he was impressive when they had him on loan and it's not like you lot need him.

We may come to regret it, like De Bruyne and Lukaku.

Scamp Jun 29th 2017 4:50 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12282547)
Hey John, looks like AFCB are on the verge of signing Ake, he was impressive when they had him on loan and it's not like you lot need him.

He scored against us I think. Looked good.

Bournemouth signed John Terry yet?

zargof Jun 29th 2017 1:51 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12282766)
Bournemouth signed John Terry yet?

I thought 'Arry wanted him at Birmingham.

DaveLovesDee Jun 29th 2017 3:09 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12283094)
I thought 'Arry wanted him at Birmingham.

I hear 'Arry's got the flu.

He's all bunged up......


How are you liking your new money-man now?

zargof Jun 29th 2017 3:34 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12283157)
How are you liking your new money-man now?

I always liked him. He got us Koeman, then Walsh. Paid off our debt, working on a new stadium. Now the new players are arriving. What's not to like?

Now he just needs to get his mate Usmanov to do one at your lot and join him at Everton and we'll be golden.

DaveLovesDee Jun 29th 2017 3:39 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12283180)
I always liked him. He got us Koeman, then Walsh. Paid off our debt, working on a new stadium. Now the new players are arriving. What's not to like?

Now he just needs to get his mate Usmanov to do one at your lot and join him at Everton and we'll be golden.

David Dein's looking for a club to 'help'!

zargof Jun 29th 2017 3:51 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12283184)
David Dein's looking for a club to 'help'!

You wouldn't have him back at Arsenal? Things went tits up for you after he left.

Of course it was always dodgy with his connection to the FA.

DaveLovesDee Jun 29th 2017 4:05 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12283198)
You wouldn't have him back at Arsenal? Things went tits up for you after he left.

Of course it was always dodgy with his connection to the FA.

I'd have him back, but there were issues between him and Stan Kroenke which is one of the reason he left.

zargof Jun 29th 2017 4:49 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
On another topic, I'm sure Mike was delighted by Bravo's performance against Portugal. I guess he was taking it easy all season so he would be ready for the very important Confederations Cup.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:26 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.