British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

Former Lancastrian Oct 22nd 2017 3:52 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12366318)
they are snow flakes and ask what would Old Red Nose have done?

I suspect he would have said "we didn't play well, the ref was biased, it is a long season" then in private he would have roasted 8 or 9 of them over a slow burning fire. The issue with Maureen is he can't say we only me and, therefore, lashes out at his players in public rather than taking corporat e responsibility along with the players.

I tend to think SAF having Scottish heritage along with other good Scottish managers at 1st Division and PL teams (Shankly, Docherty, Graham, Stein and a few others) are not exactly the type of Managers who would have used PC managing styles such as allowing players their safe spaces, giving them a hug and using sensitive language (non swearing) to todays players.

Good to see Lovren making Lindelof look world class for 37 mins :rofl:

Garbatellamike Oct 22nd 2017 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12366322)
I tend to think SAF having Scottish heritage along with other good Scottish managers at 1st Division and PL teams (Shankly, Docherty, Graham, Stein and a few others) are not exactly the type of Managers who would have used PC managing styles such as allowing players their safe spaces, giving them a hug and using sensitive language (non swearing) to todays players.

Yeah I agree with that but Maureen joins the media against his players Fergie would create distractions to avoid that whilst throwing boots at their head in private

pommybird Oct 22nd 2017 4:53 pm

At last a premier performance from Wembley stadium.

Great tactics from Poch, Jose take note, that's how you give your fans a game against Liverpool!

Garbatellamike Oct 22nd 2017 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12366352)

Great tactics from Poch, Jose take note, that's how you give your fans a game against Liverpool!

yes attack them as they have no defence - should not be too hard to work out :sneaky:

SpoogleDrummer Oct 22nd 2017 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12366355)
yes attack them as they have no defence - should not be too hard to work out :sneaky:

Exactly. Until the defence is sorted out the rest of the players are just wasting their time trying to score. No doubt it won't get fixed during the January window, we'll then spend the summer assuming it will get fixed and sign another midfielder we don't need instead.

JamesM Oct 23rd 2017 2:13 am

Big game next week! Don't jinx it!

Every man and his dog is giving Mourinho stick this weekend.

I expect a response from Mourinho and Manchester United next week and Tottenham will need to be super focused to get a result.

We've still not hit top gear in my opinion. Aurier is still settling in, Alli is still coasting and Wanyama, Dembele can both give some more to the team/squad when they return from injury..

Scamp Oct 23rd 2017 6:56 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12366273)
Must post a picture of myself looking like a fat Peter Sutcliffe on some beach with a hashtag like #Dubailife or some other trite wank. Except that role’s been taken...

Although saying that, Southampton did score an irritatingly sweet goal yesterday. Bastards.

You love seeing how great my life is. You were in Huddersfield, I was on the beach drinking free booze.

Didn't see but the highlights are impressive. Good start to the hateful run you've got...

jam25mack Oct 23rd 2017 7:37 am

Quite enjoyed watching Spurs spank Liverpool.... they were a different class...... that said, Liverpool were utter wank.

Also, whats all the chat about Alli all about? Distinctly average.

Garbatellamike Oct 23rd 2017 8:17 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12366643)
Also, whats all the chat about Alli all about? Distinctly average.

He has huge potential to be very good but also the potential to be the next Ravel Morrison if he gets to big for his boots. He is over doing the fancy dan flicks and not doing the basics well at the moment.

We had one at City too, one Jadon Sanchez who has just been packed off to Germany for being the biggest self-centred tosser in our academy since Sturridge.

pommybird Oct 23rd 2017 11:43 am

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12366562)
Big game next week! Don't jinx it!

I know, James! But it's Spurs, and as a Spurs fan I know we'll cock it all up sooner or later, so I'm just enjoying every success as if it's our last.

Garbatellamike Oct 23rd 2017 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12366739)
I know, James! But it's Spurs, and as a Spurs fan I know we'll cock it all up sooner or later, so I'm just enjoying every success as if it's our last.

you are beginning to sound like a City fan ;)

Garbatellamike Oct 23rd 2017 12:56 pm

So League Cup Time and lots of changes to the teams. We played the youth team last year but I think we will play mainly fringe players this week with Aguero record hunting. I imagine something like this:

Bravo

Danilo Mangala Tosin Zinchenko

B Silva YaYa Gundogan

Sterling Aguero Jesus

what about your lots?

JamesM Oct 23rd 2017 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12366795)
So League Cup Time and lots of changes to the teams. We played the youth team last year but I think we will play mainly fringe players this week with Aguero record hunting. I imagine something like this:

Bravo

Danilo Mangala Tosin Zinchenko

B Silva YaYa Gundogan

Sterling Aguero Jesus

what about your lots?

Hopefully all rested and we send out a team of players I didn't know were at the club.

United on Sunday followed by Real Madrid.

Probably the biggest week of my life as a Spurs fan.

Garbatellamike Oct 23rd 2017 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12366811)
Hopefully all rested and we send out a team of players I didn't know were at the club.

United on Sunday followed by Real Madrid.

Probably the biggest week of my life as a Spurs fan.

Big week that. Imagine trying to step up from playing bus parkers to playing the best team in the world who will attack at every opportunity and you've already annoyed them by getting a result at their place so they'll be out for revenge.

zargof Oct 23rd 2017 1:44 pm

So Koeman has gone. Not a surprise after shite results so far this season. No idea who the replacement will be. Bought a ton of new players and they haven't bedded in, but it's all gone a bit Spursy with the signings.

We need someone who can bring some consistency to the team and not change the team every game.

I expect Rhino to get the job in the short term as he's done a great job with the U23s.