Reload this Page >

The Big Match. WALES V ENGLAND

The Big Match. WALES V ENGLAND

Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:02 pm
PommieLeague

Default Re: The Big Match. WALES V ENGLAND

Originally Posted by bondipom
http://www.smh.com.au/news/League/By...253886701.html

Is this the bring back the boof leaguies want?
I agree, it was a disgrace, I watched the game. He deserves 6 match ban IMO.
Union isnt an innocent game neither with all the stamping going on.
http://www.wru.co.uk/114_4218.php

Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:43 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lathlain
I agree, it was a disgrace, I watched the game. He deserves 6 match ban IMO.
Union isnt an innocent game neither with all the stamping going on.
http://www.wru.co.uk/114_4218.php
There is talk of booting him out of the game as he has a history of such stuff. There is a group in league that wants the violence of the game back like the old days.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 1:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Cymru Am Byth!!!!! Triple crown, 6 n's ,GRANDSLAM!!!

Originally Posted by Lathlain

How many times must I tell you Ceri, I AM NOT ENGLISH, IM BRITISH!!!

England is a part of Britain, Cornwall last time I looked was geographically in England's turf ( where you said you come from isn't it) . You are English if you were born and bred in England etc, you are also British too on a wider scope

Britain is a collective term for the 3 nations/countries - England, Scotland and Wales.

No need to deny yourself your English heritage, it can't be all that bad eh to be English ?

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 22nd 2005 at 1:46 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:15 am
PommieLeague

There is talk of booting him out of the game as he has a history of such stuff. There is a group in league that wants the violence of the game back like the old days.
Yeah BD this 'bring back the biff' nonsense is a farce and will ruin League's image here in Oz. I hope the ARL have the power to nip this in the bud.
Ive read a few reports in The Australian, and the West Australian today about Hopoate and I completely agree with the journo's.
This fella has a nasty track record of filthy play and he's supposed to be a role model?

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:16 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Ceri
England is a part of Britain, Cornwall last time I looked was geographically in England's turf ( where you said you come from isn't it) . You are English if you were born and bred in England etc, you are also British too on a wider scope

Britain is a collective term for the 3 nations/countries - England, Scotland and Wales.

No need to deny yourself your English heritage, it can't be all that bad eh to be English ?
But Ceri, I have some Celtic roots so I cant be English, hence my preference to be British which UK is my country of birth.

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:04 am
PommieLeague

What do you you think Ceri? Taken from The Independent

New venture takes shape in the valleys
By Dave Hadfield
23 March 2005

With a perfect sense of timing, professional rugby league is set to return to south Wales.

After dithering and dallying over the last decade while Welsh rugby union was in the doldrums, the "other" code is likely to respond to last weekend's union Grand Slam by making its latest foray into the valleys.

The Rugby Football League announced yesterday that National League Two is to expand by one club at the end of this season. Although the former professional club at Bramley and the dual-code venture at Coventry are expected to apply, a new Welsh club, based at Bridgend, is the clear front-runner.

"It's definitely going to happen,'' said the former Wales team manager Mike Nicholas yesterday. "It's just a matter of getting it rubber-stamped.'' Nicholas, who has been trying for years to relaunch a Welsh presence in the game, denies that the timing is unfortunate.

"It doesn't affect us,'' he said of the new mood of optimism in union. "We will be there as an alternative and we are confident regardless of how they do.''

The side, playing at Bridgend's Brewery Field, will be largely made up of Welsh players who have cut their teeth in the Welsh division of the Conference, but Nicholas believes there is also a reservoir of rugby talent among players who have failed to win contracts in the élite Welsh union competition.

The new venture will be backed by Leighton Samuel, who funded the now defunct Celtic Warriors union side.

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:44 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

What crowds to the London Broncos get? I understand that internationals will be between England, Wales and Scotland again rather than as the Britain. Not sure if I read the report right.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:05 am
PommieLeague

What crowds to the London Broncos get? I understand that internationals will be between England, Wales and Scotland again rather than as the Britain. Not sure if I read the report right.
Yeah a bad move IMO splitting up GB into the 4 'states'. This is gonna weaken our chances of hammering the Aussies. All this so Brian Carney can play.

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:12 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

A desperate quick fix for English rugby is announced....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...sh/4333459.stm

I wonder if he'll get to wear a Fez too....at age 30 he'll probably start in the youth team
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:57 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Tone
A desperate quick fix for English rugby is announced....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...sh/4333459.stm

I wonder if he'll get to wear a Fez too....at age 30 he'll probably start in the youth team
Beyond me why the RFU have signed Farrell.

Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:16 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I'm looking forward to this 3/4 line.....

10 Henry Paul
12 Matthew Tait
13 Andy Farrell
Old Mar 25th 2005, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
Mae Duw yn bod !!!!!!!!! ( God exists !!! ) lol
Yes, yes and yes !

I watched it live too via the Beeb Taffyles. My proxy worked too ( ha so much for bl**ding Murdock , where there is a will there's a way lol!) . It was a bit "pixely" but better than nothing ( the match before it, France V Italy ( edit here lol!) was better quality. It must have been all the traffic with the Welsh game).

My my my Delilah
Why why why Delilah
So before they come to break down the door
Forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take any more
Forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take any more

la la la la la la

Wele goelcerth wen yn fflamio
A thafodau tân yn bloeddio
Ar i'r dewrion ddod i daro
Unwaith eto'n un
Gan fanllefau tywysogion
Llais gelynion, trwst arfogion
A charlamiad y marchogion
Craig ar graig a g ryn.

Arfon byth ni orfydd
Cenir yn dragywydd
Cymru fydd fel Cymru fu
Yn glodfawr ym mysg gwledydd.
Yng ngwyn oleuni'r goelcerth acw
Tros wefusau Cymro'n marw
Annibyniaeth sydd yn galw
Am ei dewraf ddyn.

Ni chaiff gelyn ladd ac ymlid
Harlech! Harlech! cwyd i'w herlid
Y mae Rhoddwr mawr ein Rhyddid
Yn rhoi nerth i ni.

Wele Gymru a'i byddinoedd
Yn ymdywallt o'r mynyddoedd!
Rhuthrant fel rhaeadrau dyfroedd
Llamant fel y lli

Llwyddiant i'n marchogion
Rwystro gledd yr estron
Gwybod yn ei galon gaiff
Fel bratha cleddyf Brython
Y cledd yn erbyn cledd a chwery
Dur yn erbyn dur a dery
Wele faner Gwalia'i fyny
Rhyddid aiff â hi!
(pity you can't attach a music file to this site .. la ,la la la- on second thoughts, bad idea- you haven't heard my singing lol)

Oggi Oggi Oggi - oi oi oi lol

Nawrte, Ble mae'r dafarn? lol
Dau beint o lager/beer, Taffyles? Double dragon felinfoel? Brains?

( we won't invite lathlain, he's too busy reading his English rugby book history antics, ooh nice, p*ssing on peoples heads lol - someone ought to tell him that Welsh rugby was not "toffs" like England was. Welsh rugby -It was mostly working class people, ie coal miners etc , and not "p*ssing on peoples heads" like the English public school boys in those days)
Well done Wales !!! ( and thank you Ireland)

You forgot Sospan fach..hehehe. Sent you karma for all that. Llongyfarchiadau Cymru!! And Wales have overtaken England in the World rankings now- they've gone up to no.5
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:07 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Tone
I'm looking forward to this 3/4 line.....

10 Henry Paul
12 Matthew Tait
13 Andy Farrell
With his injuries, he'll be fine plodding along to the union tune.

Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Grassface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PommieLeague
With his injuries, he'll be fine plodding along to the union tune.
The union lot will get a couple of years out of him yet, dont worry, but I think he may struggle adapting to the many technicalities in the 15 man game.