The Ashes

Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:30 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Yes, I have been told the same.
Crap we get over it, reeeeeal eaaaasy , ........... mm
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:15 pm
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Looks like our faith was well-placed:
Certainly was

Go Shaney Anyone got his mobile number?

Bring on the next Test, can't wait
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:17 pm
Alone again, naturally

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I have been told the same.
Very quiet in the office after the last Ashes result - I wanted to discuss it, even on their side supporting the Aussies, but it was as if the series had never happened.

Rossi - are you going to the Aus-England one dayer in January?
Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:38 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Very quiet in the office after the last Ashes result - I wanted to discuss it, even on their side supporting the Aussies, but it was as if the series had never happened.

Definately.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:36 am
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me more What date is it? and where? (please)
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:13 am
Alone again, naturally

Definately.
Fancy a beer

Originally Posted by Wendy
Brisbane

Might be one down your way too though.....worth checking
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:15 am

Fancy a beer

Brisbane

Might be one down your way too though.....worth checking
I may be persuaded.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:18 am
Alone again, naturally

I may be persuaded.
Go on, force yourself
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:19 am
Alone again, naturally

Originally Posted by Wendy
One in Adelaide Jan 26th

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ausv...plate=schedule
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:54 pm
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Old Dec 16th 2006, 1:29 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The Ashes

Adam Gilchrist scored the second fastest Test century in history as Australia took total command of the third Ashes Test at the Waca.

He reached his ton in 57 balls, one behind Viv Richards' 20-year record as Australia declared on 527-5, a lead of 556, on day three in Perth.

Michael Clarke and Mike Hussey also completed centuries as Australia moved closer to regaining the Ashes.

In reply, England were 19-1 at stumps with Andrew Strauss out lbw for a duck.
BBC.

From from BBC's commentary page:

"It's occurred to me that we haven't beaten a full-strength Australia in Australia since Sir Geoff Boycott's glory days of 1970-71."

"There are lots of its and buts but the facts are that in the Ashes so far England have been comprehensively outplayed."

"It's frightening, the way these two are playing, just frightening. I can't remember seeing any youngster so brutal and assured against pace and spin so early in his caree as Clarke."

"Has an Ashes series ever been curtailed on humanitarian grounds?"

"Adam Gilchrist reaches one of the most incredible Test match hundreds you could ever see. He gets it off 57 balls, putting him second in the all-time quick list by some distance."

"Is it possible to set fire to the Ashes and celebrate the second death of English Cricket?"

"...this is the most astonishing, devastating, outrageous batting assault I can remember in Test cricket."

"Alastair Cook and Andrew Strauss walk out onto the Waca pitch with just under half an hour to bat. Can they survive after the slaughter their team has just been subjected to?"

"There's a good chance Australia will achieve their aim of regaining the Ashes tomorrow. Incidentally, Jamie Dalrymple has been called up as the replacement for Ashley Giles."
England could still draw this if they put in a titanic effort tomorrow. But it will need to be the stuff of legends; nothing else will do.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 10:28 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Adam Gilchrist scored the second fastest Test century in history as Australia took total command of the third Ashes Test at the Waca.

He reached his ton in 57 balls, one behind Viv Richards' 20-year record as Australia declared on 527-5, a lead of 556, on day three in Perth.

Michael Clarke and Mike Hussey also completed centuries as Australia moved closer to regaining the Ashes.

In reply, England were 19-1 at stumps with Andrew Strauss out lbw for a duck.
BBC.

From from BBC's commentary page:

"It's occurred to me that we haven't beaten a full-strength Australia in Australia since Sir Geoff Boycott's glory days of 1970-71."

"There are lots of its and buts but the facts are that in the Ashes so far England have been comprehensively outplayed."

"It's frightening, the way these two are playing, just frightening. I can't remember seeing any youngster so brutal and assured against pace and spin so early in his caree as Clarke."

"Has an Ashes series ever been curtailed on humanitarian grounds?"

"Adam Gilchrist reaches one of the most incredible Test match hundreds you could ever see. He gets it off 57 balls, putting him second in the all-time quick list by some distance."

"Is it possible to set fire to the Ashes and celebrate the second death of English Cricket?"

"...this is the most astonishing, devastating, outrageous batting assault I can remember in Test cricket."

"Alastair Cook and Andrew Strauss walk out onto the Waca pitch with just under half an hour to bat. Can they survive after the slaughter their team has just been subjected to?"

"There's a good chance Australia will achieve their aim of regaining the Ashes tomorrow. Incidentally, Jamie Dalrymple has been called up as the replacement for Ashley Giles."
England could still draw this if they put in a titanic effort tomorrow. But it will need to be the stuff of legends; nothing else will do.
Whadda yer reckon Vash .........5zip,,,,,,,, ............. mm
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:54 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

whats happened?
have england lost?? or are they still needing 557 runs to win??

i lost track of the score the other day, just heard a brief highlght on the news but cant seem to find a score - have they played today or do they get sundays off????

Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:02 am
Alone again, naturally

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
whats happened?
have england lost?? or are they still needing 557 runs to win??

i lost track of the score the other day, just heard a brief highlght on the news but cant seem to find a score - have they played today or do they get sundays off????

England were 265/5 at the close, need 292 with 5 wickets remaining
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by mr mover
Whadda yer reckon Vash .........5zip,,,,,,,, ............. mm
Surely you mean what does Google reckon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.