The Ashes

Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:44 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Ashes

well they start tomorrow, any guesses as to where they'll end up?

I'm going for a tight series with Aussies winning by a test even though it kills me to say it.

Hope I'm wrong.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:47 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by walla1
well they start tomorrow, any guesses as to where they'll end up?

I'm going for a tight series with Aussies winning by a test even though it kills me to say it.

Hope I'm wrong.
Doubt you are...they seem to peak for the right occasion
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:50 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fireeater
Doubt you are...they seem to peak for the right occasion
the worst thing that could have happened to us did, Bangladesh beat the Aussies in that famous one dayer, since then they've just got stronger and stronger, a strong case of national pride.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:53 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

the worst thing that could have happened to us did, Bangladesh beat the Aussies in that famous one dayer, since then they've just got stronger and stronger, a strong case of national pride.
yep, even Gillespie performed in the last one-dayer. Our best hope is friction in the camp from Warne shagging other players wives and girlfriends
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:01 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by fireeater
yep, even Gillespie performed in the last one-dayer. Our best hope is friction in the camp from Warne shagging other players wives and girlfriends
or the openers putting bat to ball and stop relying on the middle order

hey, did you see the final of the 20/20?

I caught the highlights and it was a draw, so they had a penalty style shoot out where the bowlers each took it in turn to bowl at the unguarded wicket.

I think it was Surrey against I don't know.

Anyway Surrey won and the bloke that knocked the wickets over for the win pulled his top off and ran round the ground swinging it in the air, his team mates in pursuit.

very bizarre and just not cricket
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:38 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

The Aussies have been spouting their usual crap in the papers over here, they're going to win 5-0 we're scared of them.

I think it'll be close, if I was having bet it would have to go on them.

But let me tell you England aren't amused by their comments and maybe just maybe they'll inspire them to something special.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:15 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

we will lose at lord`s inside 4 days.
and the series will be lost 3-1 sorry to be so negative but we`re just not good enough yet

Last edited by wengerboy; Jul 20th 2005 at 9:17 pm. Reason: adding
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point

or the openers putting bat to ball and stop relying on the middle order

hey, did you see the final of the 20/20?

I caught the highlights and it was a draw, so they had a penalty style shoot out where the bowlers each took it in turn to bowl at the unguarded wicket.

I think it was Surrey against I don't know.

Anyway Surrey won and the bloke that knocked the wickets over for the win pulled his top off and ran round the ground swinging it in the air, his team mates in pursuit.

very bizarre and just not cricket

Very bizare indeed.
It was against Warwickshire (my team) unfortunately, and was only the quarter final, so god knows what he'll do if it did happened in the final.

As for the ashes, this team is the best we've had since the mid 80's, a good blend of steady batsmen and exciting big hitters mixed with a good attack of pace bowling from Hoggard and Harmisson.
We still lack a good spinner, with Giles being ok, but nothing special.
Theres more emphasis on saving runs in the field, and we've even learnt how to sledge!
So all in all, I expect a close series, and really can't see anything less than the Aussies retaining the ashes, but only after drawing the series 2-2.

Will.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

The series is not over till its' won. So I am against the opinions spelt out here. I think England will pull it off.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:50 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Australia 145-6

Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:08 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by Manc
Australia 145-6

watching it now Matt, Harmison is physically abusing their heads with the ball.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

watching it now Matt, Harmison is physically abusing their heads with the ball.
I still think we're in for a bit of a twatting overall...........
still one lives in hope.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:20 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

178-8
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:21 pm
@matthewb76

178-8
jesus..........

come on lads.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:30 pm

178-9

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.