Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

View Poll Results: Englands excuse for not winning Euro 2004
Becks was under pressure
9.52%
The formation was wrong
0%
Heskys Fault
14.29%
Exhausted from to much training
0%
The fans Fault
0%
Just bloody useless!!!
76.19%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

Old Jun 24th 2004, 2:19 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by manc1976
You have the right to wear anything you want to as far as I am concerned.
well yeah, but strictly speaking, as a tradition, each family has its own Tartan (or is that Clan?) those that pick a nice kilt out because they like the pretty colours are not really doing the tartan any favours...then there is the regimental and ceremonial tartans that are traditinally only supposed to be worn by those that qualify.

I'll look it up, but its all rooted in Scottish tradition that I don't know much about or particularly care about either.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

Originally posted by Kendonakasaki
I'm in England you divvy

I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY NEED OT GET PERSONAL DO YOU!

I told you, mostly thugs and hooligans.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:04 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by ducatiandy
I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY NEED OT GET PERSONAL DO YOU!

I thought you said that there is no need to get personal.

Thugs and Hooligans? I suggest you take a look around Glasgow on a Friday night at 11pm, not the best example of civil courtsey, and the Scottish claim they can handle their alcohol...

Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
I thought you said that there is no need to get personal.

Thugs and Hooligans? I suggest you take a look around Glasgow on a Friday night at 11pm, not the best example of civil courtsey, and the Scottish claim they can handle their alcohol...

I take it you have never been around glasgow on a Friday/Saturday night, with that comment unless it was in the 60's when Jimmy Boyle was running around?(why 11pm everyone just coming out then)

Glasgow was voted the trendiest city and best for a long weekend 2003 in the UK!

How about of the cities in Englund, ah! Sheffield, Blackburn etc need I say more.

I agree there are parts of Glasgow not very nice but like every other city in the world it has the good bits and the bad. Too many people living in the past.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:27 pm
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it you have never been around glasgow on a Friday/Saturday night, with that comment unless it was in the 60's when Jimmy Boyle was running around?(why 11pm everyone just coming out then)

Glasgow was voted the trendiest city and best for a long weekend 2003 in the UK!

How about of the cities in Englund, ah! Sheffield, Blackburn etc need I say more.

I agree there are parts of Glasgow not very nice but like every other city in the world it has the good bits and the bad. Too many people living in the past.
I was round glasgow on a friday at htat time two months ago, badly dressed drunks puking their take-aways up on street corners......lovely.......city of culture eh!!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:29 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Where abouts in Blackburn did you go?
What pubs? nightclubs etc etc?

Also Sheffield, The Leadmill is a great venue, ever go there?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:29 pm
dealing with it

I agree there are parts of Glasgow not very nice but like every other city in the world it has the good bits and the bad.
then we agree, there are bad parts of every city and bad people all over.

your generalization of English people being Thugs and Hooligans is rude, inaccurate and unhelpful

like I said, I am sorry for your experience in London, I'm sure that this was an exception to the rule and not the norm
Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:30 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally posted by Kendonakasaki
I was round glasgow on a friday at htat time two months ago, badly dressed drunks puking their take-aways up on street corners......lovely.......city of culture eh!!
Name a city in the UK where people dont have a punch up and a kebab pavemant pizza on a Fri/Sat night?

Old Jun 24th 2004, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
then we agree, there are bad parts of every city and bad people all over.

your generalization of English people being Thugs and Hooligans is rude, inaccurate and unhelpful

like I said, I am sorry for your experience in London, I'm sure that this was an exception to the rule and not the norm

I would really like to agree with you on the "exception to the rule" quote but how many countries worry every time there country play outside even inside their own country whether there will be trouble or not.

How many countries have been banned from playing in europe because of the behaviour of their fans.

I would agree that not all english fans are like this and my father is a model for that, but when I go anywhere I would tell someone I was Scottish before I would tell them I was English, basically because they treat you differently and luck would be that I have a scottish accent.

A case of "all being tarred with the same brush" not my fault.

I would also like to add that it has been said that all Scottish people moan about how they hate england, and how they want england to get beat, another generalisation. I think england have a good team but I think the commentry team are the one's who make everyone dislike england so much, not the team they are very very good.

Last edited by ducatiandy; Jun 24th 2004 at 4:01 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:09 pm
dealing with it

I would tell someone I was Scottish before I would tell them I was English
do you mean "before I tell them was British"

?

are you embarrased to be a Brit?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:54 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

indeed.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:47 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

New OED word #4563-Asdabation -The placing of St George and other English football stuff in supermarkets outside England

Last edited by Tone; Jun 24th 2004 at 5:51 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:16 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by Tone
New OED word #4563-Asdabation -The placing of St George and other English football stuff in supermarkets outside England
New OED word #4564-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGERRINTHEREYOU****INBEAUTY -What Manc said when Owen's ball hit the net against Portugal
Old Jun 25th 2004, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by manc1976
New OED word #4564-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGERRINTHEREYOU****INBEAUTY -What Manc said when Owen's ball hit the net against Portugal

OOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What Ducatiandy said when vassell missed his penalty!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:28 pm
dealing with it

OOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What Ducatiandy said when vassell missed his penalty!
so you do admit that you are one of those sad knobs that will waste his money on a Croatia shirt and support anyone playing against England then?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.