Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

View Poll Results: Englands excuse for not winning Euro 2004
Becks was under pressure
9.52%
The formation was wrong
0%
Heskys Fault
14.29%
Exhausted from to much training
0%
The fans Fault
0%
Just bloody useless!!!
76.19%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:20 pm
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about
Smile This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

Ok, I know i will get it in the neck both from loyal English supporters and my old man, but what will be Englands excuse when they are booted out of Euro 2004?

Why do they always play like a confrence league team? They constantly go into a game and brick it half way through. Then when things don't go right they single out one player for the blame. I watched, well had to endure it cause hubbys English, the game against France and they hardly looked impressive. Yet when you watch the French or Spanish the game is exciting and flowing.
The England team always look like they do not believe in themselves. There are some highly paid players amongst them including the coach yet never do an England team deliver the goods. At the end of it all and they analise it all, Beckham will probably blame the stress he was under from Posh and the media, the others won't give a shit and go back to their over paid jobs and Sven will waffle on about how he is proud of them all and say how they will do better in the next tournament.

For those of you who want to know I am Welsh, ok, I know all about Wales getting knocked out etc etc. Just seems like the England glory boys go on and on about England but when they get kicked out always sit there and chunter on and find excuses.

Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:38 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

Originally posted by j4yne
They constantly go into a game and brick it half way through.
Actually I hate to correct you, but against the French, we bricked it after 89 minutes.

but bricked it big time.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:26 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

All the above
Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:35 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Ok, I know i will get it in the neck both from loyal English supporters and my old man, but what will be Englands excuse when they are booted out of Euro 2004?

Why do they always play like a confrence league team? They constantly go into a game and brick it half way through. Then when things don't go right they single out one player for the blame. I watched, well had to endure it cause hubbys English, the game against France and they hardly looked impressive. Yet when you watch the French or Spanish the game is exciting and flowing.
The England team always look like they do not believe in themselves. There are some highly paid players amongst them including the coach yet never do an England team deliver the goods. At the end of it all and they analise it all, Beckham will probably blame the stress he was under from Posh and the media, the others won't give a shit and go back to their over paid jobs and Sven will waffle on about how he is proud of them all and say how they will do better in the next tournament.

For those of you who want to know I am Welsh, ok, I know all about Wales getting knocked out etc etc. Just seems like the England glory boys go on and on about England but when they get kicked out always sit there and chunter on and find excuses.

lets a have a discussion about why England are actually IN the touranment, rather than speculating that they might go out.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
lets a have a discussion about why England are actually IN the touranment,
Because Turkey couldn't beat us despite beckham missing a penalty.

rather than speculating that they might go out.
but we lost to France cos Beckham missed a penalty.

let someone else take penalties please.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:43 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

congratulations.

a massive 3 votes
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations.

a massive 3 votes
That might be something to do with the above mentioned nationalities not being interested in whether England do well or not...I know I couldnt care less if Wales, Scotland, NI did well or not.

Though would have been nice to see wales in after an interesting qualification battle.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:59 am
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about

congratulations.

a massive 3 votes
Ah yes my dear but to date 100 people have read it.

Love one another
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:50 am
dealing with it

Ah yes my dear but to date 100 people have read it.

Love one another

I was 98 of them!!!!

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:22 pm
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mattbutt
That might be something to do with the above mentioned nationalities not being interested in whether England do well or not...I know I couldnt care less if Wales, Scotland, NI did well or not.

Though would have been nice to see wales in after an interesting qualification battle.
Wales would have been in it had they not lost their bottle big time, I do believe they were leading the group and odds on to qualify at on estage. As for Scotland, they're just shit and have to resort to buying other nations shirts to follow against England, how sad is that.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 1:58 pm
dealing with it

Originally posted by Kendonakasaki
Wales would have been in it had they not lost their bottle big time, I do believe they were leading the group and odds on to qualify at on estage. As for Scotland, they're just shit and have to resort to buying other nations shirts to follow against England, how sad is that.
I don't understand the 'I'll support whoever is playing against England' mentality.

We're one British Isles aren't we? One flag *(apologies to the Welsh) and all that...why is there such a division and who is to blame for it?
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:51 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand the 'I'll support whoever is playing against England' mentality.

We're one British Isles aren't we? One flag *(apologies to the Welsh) and all that...why is there such a division and who is to blame for it?
I'll go along with that to a degree. I was hoping the Welsh would beat Russia and the Scots Holland but it didn't work out that way. <shrug>
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:02 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, I think this link may previously have been posted on the British football thread but this might shed some light on the situation for you.

http://sport.scotsman.com/topics.cfm...8&id=660732004
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:29 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DaveC
Chris, I think this link may previously have been posted on the British football thread but this might shed some light on the situation for you.

http://sport.scotsman.com/topics.cfm...8&id=660732004
There are a few point there that I will agree with, however, I wasnt even born in 1966, my dad was a meer pup too. Also, I havent heard or read one reference from a decent news source (i.e. The Sun) to it either, so that one im afraid aint relevant.

Why cant everyone be British and appreciate the triumps of the nation rather than Scotland, Wales etc. I was happy when Scotland won the Curling for Britain in the Olympics!
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:31 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

a decent news source (i.e. The Sun) to it either, so that one im afraid aint relevant.
Ha, you're having a laugh!

I was happy when Scotland won the Curling for Britain in the Olympics!
I support the British athletes in the Great Britain athletics team too. If you watched the any of the BBC coverage of the 2002 winter olympics you may have heard Steve Ryder say something to the effect (when the curling team was losing) "what was looking like a British victory is turning into a Scottish disaster". The "British when they're winning Scottish/Welsh when they're losing" attitude by the supposedly British media pisses a lot of people off.

Meanwhile, in sports that anyone cares about, the home nations compete as separate teams. So a triumph for the England football team is for England fans only. The UK nations have their own rivalries, each with different origins and reasons. Why should a Welshman automatically support the England football team?

You support a London team, would you have been cheering Chelsea on if they'd made it to this year's Champions league final?

There will always be a contingent in Scotland who actively support Engerland's opponents. But you can't tell me that there isn't an ever increasing number of English fans who reciprocate.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.