British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2021/22 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2021-22-football-thread-938994/)

DaveLovesDee Jul 14th 2021 6:18 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13029338)
The Football world was rocked to its foundations with the announcement that Lionel Messi has a new contract with Barcelona.
That's sarcasm by the way. :whistle:

Deal structured to help club with financial fair play

Is it just me or does this sound like his annual wage will keep the club within fair play boundaries but that he'll really be earning five years of pay over two years of playing and it won't be a pay cut when that's factored in?

Sounds like it...

Former Lancastrian Jul 14th 2021 10:16 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
I wish the Government would say to me work for us for another 2 years but we will pay you for 5. Mmmmm give me a nano second to think about that.

DaveLovesDee Jul 14th 2021 10:23 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13029459)
I wish the Government would say to me work for us for another 2 years but we will pay you for 5. Mmmmm give me a nano second to think about that.

You'd need to become a Cabinet Minister for that :p

Former Lancastrian Jul 14th 2021 11:17 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Do we now update the Ole's at the wheel chant?

We've got Sancho, Paul Pogba and Fred
Marcus Rashford's a Manc born and bred (red)

SpoogleDrummer Jul 14th 2021 11:29 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13029478)
Do we now update the Ole's at the wheel chant?

We've got Sancho, Paul Pogba and Fred
Marcus Rashford's a Manc born and bred (red)

None of them play for free,
Or can take a penalty.

Former Lancastrian Jul 15th 2021 2:54 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 13029480)
None of them play for free,
Or can take a penalty.

Don't forget we have Penaldez (Bruno) and I must admit I was impressed with Maguire's penalty against Italy. Wonder if he got billed for the camera he took out.

DaveLovesDee Jul 16th 2021 9:15 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Well Scamp , I have my tickets for our preseason friendly against Southampton.

Former Lancastrian Jul 16th 2021 10:40 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13029997)
Well Scamp , I have my tickets for our preseason friendly against Southampton.

Mmmm hard to decipher if
(a) You think it will be a sell out
(b) The club sent everybody in the local area a ticket on the off chance that you might turn up for the game

Well whatever it will be nice to see people back in the grounds be it limited or full capacity.

DaveLovesDee Jul 16th 2021 11:42 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13030025)
Mmmm hard to decipher if
(a) You think it will be a sell out
(b) The club sent everybody in the local area a ticket on the off chance that you might turn up for the game

Well whatever it will be nice to see people back in the grounds be it limited or full capacity.

It's a preseason friendly.

The club have been told up to 8,200 home fans can attend, and no away fans.

Former Lancastrian Jul 16th 2021 3:48 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13030042)
It's a preseason friendly.

The club have been told up to 8,200 home fans can attend, and no away fans.

Well if any away fans did travel then I guess they would end up being deported like these goats

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-England.html

DaveLovesDee Jul 16th 2021 10:37 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
If they want footballers to keep out of politics, politicians also need to stop with this shit.

UK Government should overrule Welsh FA and create Great Britain team says Conservative editor


He also called for a united British Super League to replace the separate Welsh, Scottish and English premier leagues.“This would fit well with other measures reportedly being considered by the Government, such as trying to create a ‘British Super League’ by allowing top-flight Scottish teams to join their Welsh counterparts in the Premier League and the FA Cup,” he said.

Scamp Jul 18th 2021 6:57 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13029997)
Well Scamp , I have my tickets for our preseason friendly against Southampton.

Swansea? Or Arsenal?
I haven't looked at any preseason football yet, but from tonight I'm on holibobs for a few weeks so will indulge in as much as I can.

DaveLovesDee Jul 18th 2021 9:26 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 13030537)
Swansea? Or Arsenal?
I haven't looked at any preseason football yet, but from tonight I'm on holibobs for a few weeks so will indulge in as much as I can.

Swansea..

31st July.

DaveLovesDee Jul 18th 2021 9:29 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13030025)
Well whatever it will be nice to see people back in the grounds be it limited or full capacity.

It's unfortunate that your fans will need to quarantine coming in from amber-list countries :p

Former Lancastrian Jul 18th 2021 10:28 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13030571)
It's unfortunate that your fans will need to quarantine coming in from amber-list countries :p

Counties FIFY eg Surrey, Essex etc.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.