British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2021/22 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2021-22-football-thread-938994/)

Garbatellamike Oct 31st 2021 10:18 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13067032)
Because they came up against a team in worse form than them who appear to have even less direction than United?

That was like a relegation scrap. Maybe a wounded trout :lol:

Relegation scrap :rofl: you have such an imaginative way of justifying silly things - It's actually quite impressive in a strange way..... both still in the top 8 and will be there at the end of the season.


BristolUK Oct 31st 2021 12:34 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

That was like a relegation scrap

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13067145)
Relegation scrap :rofl: .

Like a relegation scrap. :nod:

Poor quality of play from both teams - individual moments of talent excepted, which is what Solskjaer increasingly relies upon - extremely tedious, no imagination (unlike me ;)) just generally dull, and extremely audible disapproval from the stands.

Garbatellamike Oct 31st 2021 1:12 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13067176)
Like a relegation scrap. :nod:

Poor quality of play from both teams - individual moments of talent excepted, which is what Solskjaer increasingly relies upon - extremely tedious, no imagination (unlike me ;)) just generally dull, and extremely audible disapproval from the stands.

Duh - nothing like a relegation scrap :nod: Did you actually watch the game?

BristolUK Oct 31st 2021 7:22 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13067183)
Duh - nothing like a relegation scrap :nod: Did you actually watch the game?

Yes. Lots of mistakes, lack of confidence from players.

Garbatellamike Oct 31st 2021 7:40 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13067261)
Yes. Lots of mistakes, lack of confidence from players.

wow you actually watched it? ......

DaveLovesDee Oct 31st 2021 8:23 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13067265)
wow you actually watched it? ......

At least he was facing the tv... :p

For the true Man City experience, you have to face away...

Garbatellamike Oct 31st 2021 8:52 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13067274)
At least he was facing the tv... :p

For the true Man City experience, you have to face away...

:rofl:Yeah I used to do the Poznan quite often back in the day before it became popular. normally because I couldn't bear to watch ;)

Scamp Nov 1st 2021 5:59 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Huge win for the boys in red and white, lovely to get a result like that against teams that will likely be around us. Performances have been improving so it's good to see a result and clean sheet. Missed most of it as I was watching us slap the Aussies around Dubai in the cricket which was thoroughly pleasing.

pommybird Nov 1st 2021 8:47 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Well looks like Nuno is as good as gone, its been one of the most humiliating seasons so far that I can remember for a long time (NLD and Saturday's result both noteworthy), and there has been a few.....is Tim Sherwood available? :rofl:

Scamp Nov 1st 2021 11:14 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 13067358)
Well looks like Nuno is as good as gone, its been one of the most humiliating seasons so far that I can remember for a long time (NLD and Saturday's result both noteworthy), and there has been a few.....is Tim Sherwood available? :rofl:

That's what you get for winning one less game than City and Liverpool.

What a football club. Star player who clearly hates life and a manager treated like poop on shoe.

Former Lancastrian Nov 1st 2021 11:30 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Looks like supply and demand issues. Too many clubs needing a manager and not enough to go round.

pommybird Nov 1st 2021 12:00 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 13067381)
That's what you get for winning one less game than City and Liverpool.

What a football club. Star player who clearly hates life and a manager treated like poop on shoe.

I think Kane hates Nuno rather than hates life, but no doubt the core problem lies firmly with Levy and ENIC............I will spend today gazing wistfully at my screen shot of the PL table when Spurs were top and Arse were bottom

DaveLovesDee Nov 1st 2021 12:19 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 13067358)
is Tim Sherwood available? :rofl:

Steve Bruce and Mick McCarthy definitely are...

SpoogleDrummer Nov 1st 2021 4:05 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 13067404)
I think Kane hates Nuno rather than hates life, but no doubt the core problem lies firmly with Levy and ENIC............I will spend today gazing wistfully at my screen shot of the PL table when Spurs were top and Arse were bottom

Kane is just upset because never got his move. Suarez may be a total prick but when he was told he wasn't joining Arsenal he had his best season ever at Liverpool and got his dream move to Barca (who then treated him like shit because that's what they do).

I would've thought Spurs would let Nuno get the Christmas, flog Kane (Assuming City are still willing to buy him), and try and re-invest the money in to players that want to be there. Instead they're now trying to find another manager when all the decent ones are gone. It reminds me of when we appointed old Roy Hodgeson when Kenny had already said he wanted the job, that pretty much meant Roy was on a hiding to nothing and was unfairly treated by the fans and club, granted he bought some utter shite players and played terribly but should still have been given more time than he was.

I don't even understand what the issue with Nuno is, you were never going to be challenging for the title this season and top 4 would've been a struggle so what's the rush to hire someone else? Did you invest heavily in players over the summer? Are you going to try and nick another Southampton manager and hope for the best? Conte is about as suitable to Spurs as Jose was, unless he gets to splash the cash on whatever he wants you'll just end up with a moaner.

Garbatellamike Nov 1st 2021 4:42 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 13067493)
Kane is just upset because never got his move. Suarez may be a total prick but when he was told he wasn't joining Arsenal he had his best season ever at Liverpool and got his dream move to Barca (who then treated him like shit because that's what they do).

I would've thought Spurs would let Nuno get the Christmas, flog Kane (Assuming City are still willing to buy him), and try and re-invest the money in to players that want to be there. Instead they're now trying to find another manager when all the decent ones are gone. It reminds me of when we appointed old Roy Hodgeson when Kenny had already said he wanted the job, that pretty much meant Roy was on a hiding to nothing and was unfairly treated by the fans and club, granted he bought some utter shite players and played terribly but should still have been given more time than he was.

I don't even understand what the issue with Nuno is, you were never going to be challenging for the title this season and top 4 would've been a struggle so what's the rush to hire someone else? Did you invest heavily in players over the summer? Are you going to try and nick another Southampton manager and hope for the best? Conte is about as suitable to Spurs as Jose was, unless he gets to splash the cash on whatever he wants you'll just end up with a moaner.

Baffling - Nuno won the manager of the month and all was rosy and then suddenly he's rubbish 2 months later?




All times are GMT. The time now is 8:56 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.