British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2021/22 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2021-22-football-thread-938994/)

Garbatellamike Oct 25th 2021 10:26 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13065148)
Of course.
He's done a good job of recovering from the Mourinho disruption but it's one of those cases where a manager has gone as far as he can.

I don't think I've ever been so aware of a manager making the same mistakes so often without learning from them.

Have you noticed how he keeps using the words Hope or Expect regarding what he wants to see from the players with no indication of what he is dong to help bring that about?
I had to laugh at his “We’re competing at such a high level in the Champions League and Premier League that if you switch off, you will be punished" as if that was them only.
So what level are City, Liverpool and Chelsea competing for then?

Thank you for adding some clarity - I think your points on OGS above are well made and agree with them.

However, my post that you quoted was on how Citeh would be thinking prior to the Yernited match not on OGS and I still think Pep's message to citeh players will be about respecting the quality and wounded animals and most certainly will not be about being embarrassed if they don't run up a cricket score as was originally suggested......

Garbatellamike Oct 25th 2021 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 13065200)
Hahahahhahahahahahaa United.

****ing beautiful seeing the swarms leaving at half time. I'm sure they claim to be some of the best fans in the country.

The PE Teacher has to go. That Schweinsteiger tweet is spot on, some leadership from the top to create a vision and get the club on a journey. They've suffered from years under Woodward and his clown-like skills. Genuinely think it's a shame how close they are to turning into another Barcelona - crumbling stadium, former player being a shit manager and debt galore.

yep agree all that

Garbatellamike Oct 25th 2021 10:29 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13065161)
To finish above Spurs and Arsenal?..... :p

On what I've seen so far Chelski and Red Scouse are competing for the title Citeh for 3rd place and the 4th place could be anyone of 7 or 8 clubs

BristolUK Oct 25th 2021 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13065240)
However, my post that you quoted was on how Citeh would be thinking prior to the Yernited match not on OGS and I still think Pep's message to citeh players will be about respecting the quality and wounded animals and most certainly will not be about being embarrassed if they don't run up a cricket score as was originally suggested......

I said nothing about a cricket score, which in football terms is a rare exception. In the age of 7-0, 0-5, 1-6, 2-5, 0-9, 7-2 and so on, scoring 5 is no longer a cricket score or exception.
Everything to lose and nothing to gain is still a well known description of a match where one team will get no credit for winning and a bunch of brickbats for failing to win.

Garbatellamike Oct 25th 2021 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13065297)
I said nothing about a cricket score, which in football terms is a rare exception. In the age of 7-0, 0-5, 1-6, 2-5, 0-9, 7-2 and so on, scoring 5 is no longer a cricket score or exception.
Everything to lose and nothing to gain is still a well known description of a match where one team will get no credit for winning and a bunch of brickbats for failing to win.

Ok we can disagree about what constitutes a cricket score in football as it is entirely subjective

Once again - thanks for providing the clarifications of your earlier post - I now understand the point you were trying to make even if it wasn't related to th epost you quoted and I share that assessment

thanks again

BristolUK Oct 25th 2021 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13065298)
Ok we can disagree about what constitutes a cricket score in football as it is entirely subjective

Once again - thanks for providing the clarifications of your earlier post - I now understand the point you were trying to make even if it wasn't related to th epost you quoted and I share that assessment

thanks again

My thanks to you too for pointing out that my comment wasn't related to what I wanted to say :rofl:

Garbatellamike Oct 25th 2021 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13065304)
My thanks to you too for pointing out that my comment wasn't related to what I wanted to say :rofl:

:rofl: no worries bud - here to help :p

Garbatellamike Oct 25th 2021 4:51 pm

So,I saw a Manchester Utd Season Ticket Nailed to a Tree This Morning. I Thought I'm Having That!! You Can Never Have Enough Nails!

;)

DaveLovesDee Oct 25th 2021 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13065345)
So,I saw a Manchester Utd Season Ticket Nailed to a Tree This Morning. I Thought I'm Having That!! You Can Never Have Enough Nails!

;)

Did you use a hammerfor?

DaveLovesDee Oct 25th 2021 7:13 pm

Remember Joey Barton? :p

Garbatellamike Oct 25th 2021 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13065379)

oh yes - a nasty piece of work

Former Lancastrian Oct 25th 2021 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13065345)

;)

It's only because a Citeh fan has no concept of what a season ticket is as they have no problems getting a ticket 10 minutes before kick off or via a BOGOF or other promotion:sneaky: What size nail was it?

Scamp Oct 26th 2021 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13065243)
On what I've seen so far Chelski and Red Scouse are competing for the title Citeh for 3rd place and the 4th place could be anyone of 7 or 8 clubs

I don't think City can be ruled out. Chelsea are wobbly as heck and Liverpool will struggle when Mane and Salah disappear for AFCON.

BristolUK Oct 26th 2021 1:15 pm

Solskjaer *acked

Unfortunately for their long suffering fans and so the soap opera continues. It's a B not an S.

SpoogleDrummer Oct 26th 2021 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13065591)
Solskjaer *acked

Unfortunately for their long suffering fans and so the soap opera continues. It's a B not an S.

I see nothing unfortunate about it, everyone except them knew giving Ole the job was a stupid decision as his only experience was getting a team relegated and also managing Molde. He was completely unqualified for the job, same as Frank Lampard at Chelsea. People keep mentioning Gerrard as someone who can take over from Klopp but unless he either manages in a tougher league than the Scotland or re-joins the backroom staff for a couple of years (which seems unlikely) then I would have absolutely no confidence that he could do the job. Let's not forget Graeme Souness was a brilliant player and got the job after managing Rangers but he was utter shite.

It's funny that some people have been calling for Lampard to replace Bruce and even Ole but he's done absolutely **** all to deserve such an opportunity.