Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Dec 16th 2019, 3:19 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Europa League draw

Wolves (ENG) v Espanyol (ESP)
Olympiacos (GRE)* v Arsenal (ENG)
Club Brugge (BEL)* v Manchester United (ENG)

Copenhagen (DEN) v Celtic (SCO)
Rangers (SCO) v Braga (POR)
Old Dec 16th 2019, 4:09 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

So good meal and wine in the VIP lounge at Old Trafford but a very average game. McTominy was the best player on the park, read the game well won the 2nd balls all day. DCL played well for Everton no violence and no diving either Zargie, I liked what I saw from him. I cannot say the same about Martial the diving he indulged in was disgusting should have picked up a yellow card or 5 for simulation. Great instinctive finish from Greenwood and Rashford looked dangerous all day. Davies in mf for thr toffees also looked quality but too many average players on both sides.

Only moment of real drama was post game during the port and cheese as they had Arse vs Citeh on the telly and I got a little excited when Citeh scored in the 2nd minute as I for got where I was.

Good day out all in all and no prawn sandwiches in sight...
Old Dec 16th 2019, 5:37 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
City have a tough one, Liverpool should win both legs if they don't lose any players, Chelsea will be lucky to win either leg, and Spurs should go through.
I'm not so sure we'll win at their ground, last time we played there we played poorly, luckily we played Spurs rather than Athletico. City should be fine though, they are the bookmakers favourites and by February I imagine Laporte will be back and their defensive issues will just be a bad memory.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 5:41 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Good game with Wolves. They are a very good team so it was nice to knick the points and pass them in the league.

Still struggling with the Mourinho appointment but he in a short space of time has got some handle on the poor defending that had beset the club in 2019.

It's going to be an interesting Christmas period starting with that massive game with Chelsea next weekend.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Eriksen will be gone very early in the January window and we may see one or two bought in.
Bournemouth smacked Chelsea last weekend, was a bit of a shock all round, they will come looking for blood this weekend.
Hope Eriksen does go, taking Aurier and Wanyama with him....oh and Rose.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 6:07 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Bournemouth smacked Chelsea last weekend, was a bit of a shock all round, they will come looking for blood this weekend.
Hope Eriksen does go, taking Aurier and Wanyama with him....oh and Rose.
How did Bournemouth manage that? I assume they had the groundskeeper playing with their current injury list.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 6:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Only moment of real drama was post game during the port and cheese as they had Arse vs Citeh on the telly and I got a little excited when Citeh scored in the 2nd minute as I for got where I was...

I expect you were safe though. That reminded me of times going to Bristol Rovers away games, standing in the Holt end or just anywhere at Milwall and keeping emotions in check.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 6:30 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

I expect you were safe though. That reminded me of times going to Bristol Rovers away games, standing in the Holt end or just anywhere at Milwall and keeping emotions in check.
yeah I was fine as most of the yernited fans were only 5 foot 2 and I don't understand Korean
Old Dec 16th 2019, 6:46 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

So good meal and wine in the VIP lounge at Old Trafford but a very average game. McTominy was the best player on the park, read the game well won the 2nd balls all day. DCL played well for Everton no violence and no diving either Zargie, I liked what I saw from him. I cannot say the same about Martial the diving he indulged in was disgusting should have picked up a yellow card or 5 for simulation. Great instinctive finish from Greenwood and Rashford looked dangerous all day. Davies in mf for thr toffees also looked quality but too many average players on both sides.

Only moment of real drama was post game during the port and cheese as they had Arse vs Citeh on the telly and I got a little excited when Citeh scored in the 2nd minute as I for got where I was.

Good day out all in all and no prawn sandwiches in sight...
It was a decent result for us considering we barely had any midfielders and not many players total. Holgate was playing CM, and to be fair he did a great job. We also had Cuco Martina and Oumar Niasse on the bench, such was our lack of players.

Tom Davies is one of those players who when they are good they are very good, but he hasn't really had much of a chance to prove it the last couple of seasons, but with the lack of other options, he is taking his opportunity really well. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Moise Kean, who came to the club with really high expectations, but it looks like he isn't prepared to put in the work required to make it at this level. DCL was good as usual, even when he viciously killed DDG on our goal. Playing two up front really helps to get the best from his game.

As for Red Manc, they really weren't anything special. Greenwood looks a decent player, and Rashford had a few chances, but I think a draw was a fair result.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 7:58 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
It was a decent result for us considering we barely had any midfielders and not many players total. Holgate was playing CM, and to be fair he did a great job. We also had Cuco Martina and Oumar Niasse on the bench, such was our lack of players.

Tom Davies is one of those players who when they are good they are very good, but he hasn't really had much of a chance to prove it the last couple of seasons, but with the lack of other options, he is taking his opportunity really well. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Moise Kean, who came to the club with really high expectations, but it looks like he isn't prepared to put in the work required to make it at this level. DCL was good as usual, even when he viciously killed DDG on our goal. Playing two up front really helps to get the best from his game.

As for Red Manc, they really weren't anything special. Greenwood looks a decent player, and Rashford had a few chances, but I think a draw was a fair result.
yeah agree all that, your point was fully deserved
Old Dec 16th 2019, 8:09 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Hearing rumours that Ancelotti is the next Everton manager.

Also Arteta is the new Arsenal manager.

If both are true, it could be interesting. From what I hear Pep thinks Spud is a ready to be a manager at a top team. But he's going to Arsenal instead.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 8:14 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Hearing rumours that Ancelotti is the next Everton manager.

Also Arteta is the new Arsenal manager.

If both are true, it could be interesting. From what I hear Pep thinks Spud is a ready to be a manager at a top team. But he's going to Arsenal instead.
well I hope he stays with us but if he wants to step down 3 or 4 levels Citeh won't stand in his way.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 8:49 pm

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I was fine as most of the yernited fans were only 5 foot 2 and I don't understand Korean
Do many Koreans make the trip from Croydon for Utd home games?

well I hope he stays with us but if he wants to step down 3 or 4 levels Citeh won't stand in his way.
i think starting low is a good thing.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 9:09 pm
You aint seen me, right?

Have you seen Serie A is using monkeys for their anti-racism posters? You can't make this shit up.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50814275
Old Dec 16th 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Have you seen Serie A is using monkeys for their anti-racism posters? You can't make this shit up.
Next up; posters of elephants to advertise Weight Watchers....
Old Dec 17th 2019, 4:47 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Do many Koreans make the trip from Croydon for Utd home games?
Genuine lol.

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Genuine what the mighty ****. I saw this scrolling this morning. They honestly wonder why they have a problem and get a shit load of abuse for being a nation of racists. It's utterly beyond me. Scum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.