Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Oct 31st 2019, 1:29 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Both Liverpool and Arsenal made 11 changes each to the teams they fielded at the weekend.
Teams make a bunch of changes even between league games sometimes. Like Man City and that's why they can field a "second team" riddled with first team experience. Arsenal started with 8 'first team' established outfield players, plus another 5 on the bench making 13. Liverpool had 5. That's more than two first teamers to one.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 2:07 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
To be fair, City's reserve team is packed with first team regulars. Last night they started with 6 with another 3 on the bench.

I think you're being a bit unkind. Perhaps you were actually a bit worried by Arsenal having so many regulars involved.

Arsenal's 11 was far closer to their first team than Liverpool's and when you look at the benches and see five regulars for Arsenal and none (other than Adrian) for Liverpool, you should be very happy.

Two goals behind twice and they came back...then won a tense shoot-out. Nothing but good and they're probably a year better than they were a day ago.
I wasn't worried at all, whilst I don't like losing I wouldn't have been upset by going out of the cup tonight, the only issue would've been Arsenal fans popping up all over YouTube going on about it. I honestly feel the passing accuracy was terrible and the keepers should've done better with most of the goals. Milner gave the ball away for Arsenal's 4th and just stood still rather than running back to the goal to try and recover. Ox was poor for most of the match as was Origi. The only person that impressed me was Jones when he came on, everyone else just seemed sloppy. I'm hoping they'll do better when slowly introduced to the first team one by one when they can be carried a bit more.

Old Oct 31st 2019, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

I started to watch the football last night Liverpool when they announced the teams i watched till Chelsea started when they announced the teams i switch off and went to bed. Substandard football is insulting and unfair on the paying supporter.I for one do not watch.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
I started to watch the football last night Liverpool when they announced the teams i watched till Chelsea started when they announced the teams i switch off and went to bed. Substandard football is insulting and unfair on the paying supporter.I for one do not watch.
I watch substandard football each week and I pay for it. Well it's a DAZN subscription. Maybe in your case our famous chant is right "Come to see United You've Only come to see United"
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:28 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quarter-final ties:

Oxford United v Manchester City

Manchester United v Colchester United

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Everton v Leicester City
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
I watch substandard football each week and I pay for it. Well it's a DAZN subscription. Maybe in your case our famous chant is right "Come to see United You've Only come to see United"
I get your point.,but utds first team is substandard much like Southampton if thats the case we watch and support them because it's our team,s and true supports do that we live with it
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:32 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
To be fair, City's reserve team is packed with first team regulars. Last night they started with 6 with another 3 on the bench.
as you allude to Citeh has 23 first team regulars not 11..... it's called rotation... what was more significant was an 18 year old and a 19 year old played, both local lads and lifelong Citeh fans and that was good to see. Tommy Doyle's grandfathers were both Citeh players....

Citeh has 2 RB, 3 LB, 3 CB, 2 holding MF, 11 MF, 2 CF who are first team regulars...and they rotate regularly..

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Oct 31st 2019 at 9:38 am.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post

Quarter-final ties:

Oxford United v Manchester City

Manchester United v Colchester United

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Everton v Leicester City
Hopefully two local derby semi's, with full first teams
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:39 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Hopefully two local derby semi's, with full first teams
Oxford vs Colchester is hardly a local derby.....
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

They are both south of Birmingham so yeah its a local derby.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 10:23 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
They are both south of Birmingham so yeah its a local derby.
And supporters of those teams won't have to travel from Surrey
Old Oct 31st 2019, 12:56 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

United need to put out their full strength side through to the final now - if we even get there.

A trophy would be something to build on, even if it is the mickey-mouse cup.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 11:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I can't be the only one never to have seen Bostock's Cup until tonight.

Watch it and laugh your heads off.
Old Nov 1st 2019, 12:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 1st 2019, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know you are all waiting for my predictions but i will not release them until tomorrow. I do not care how much you protest i will not, so you will have to wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.