Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Jun 12th 2019, 12:46 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
In fairness a perfectly formed, dainty but strong, well painted and cute garden gnome would be a more effective Chief Exec than Ewar Woowar.
very true and Ed, as a man familiar with asset stripping and leveraged buy outs who knows nothing about football, has apparantly decided to appoint himself director of football and transfer guru.

I'm almost feeling sorry for the yernited fans..... almost
Old Jun 12th 2019, 9:53 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Real Madrid are going all out to break Liverpool's transfer spending record.

344 million spent already...
Old Jun 12th 2019, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
very true and Ed, as a man familiar with asset stripping and leveraged buy outs who knows nothing about football, has apparantly decided to appoint himself director of football and transfer guru.

I'm almost feeling sorry for the yernited fans..... almost
We don't need or want any of your crocodile tears as we are shedding enough real tears of our own.Well we have signed one player so onwards and upwards.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 11:07 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
We don't need or want any of your crocodile tears as we are shedding enough real tears of our own.Well we have signed one player so onwards and upwards.
yeah saw that you signed another fast forward player to compete with Rashford, Martial, Lingaard, Sanchez et al. This looks like reinforcing an area you are strong in without addressing the area you are deficient, no?
Old Jun 13th 2019, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

yeah saw that you signed another fast forward player to compete with Rashford, Martial, Lingaard, Sanchez et al. This looks like reinforcing an area you are strong in without addressing the area you are deficient, no?
I think perhaps the idea is to have these players with the ball and not concede possession therefore the need for a good right back and strong central defender(s) is no longer important. By them having the ball also reduces the risk of Phil Jones injuring himself or Smalling having the need to physically grab and check the fabric out on the opposing players shirt. Why splash out gobs of money on defenders if we aren't going to need them?
Old Jun 13th 2019, 4:55 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I think perhaps the idea is to have these players with the ball and not concede possession therefore the need for a good right back and strong central defender(s) is no longer important. By them having the ball also reduces the risk of Phil Jones injuring himself or Smalling having the need to physically grab and check the fabric out on the opposing players shirt. Why splash out gobs of money on defenders if we aren't going to need them?
Don't worry, we've named a price for Lovren, 25M apparently. Seems quite reasonable for the best defender in the world. You should be biting our arm off.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 6:30 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Don't worry, we've named a price for Lovren, 25M apparently. Seems quite reasonable for the best defender in the world. You should be biting our arm off.
Spoogle, you owe me an apology. I just snorted with laughter and because I have a sort of cold at the moment I snorted pure green nose phlegm onto this lovely notepad. Top of a right hand page as well, really annoying.

I'm happy to start the bidding at 14 dirhams (it's all the coins on my desk) to NOT have Lovren back at Saints ever again.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 11:58 am
Dunroaming back in UK

well at least there is method in the madness

I'm with Keane on the other hand, start by buying a back 4
Old Jun 13th 2019, 1:23 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

well at least there is method in the madness

I'm with Keane on the other hand, start by buying a back 4
Keane should stick to music........
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:57 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned the PL fixtures released this morning.....

First games
Liverpool home to Norwich (Fri night)
Man City away at West Ham (1230 Sat)
Arsenal away at Newcastle (1400 Sun)
Man Utd home to Chelsea (1630 Sun).
Old Jun 13th 2019, 3:09 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Keane should stick to music........
It's a rock band according to google, learnt something today
Old Jun 13th 2019, 4:42 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Spoogle, you owe me an apology.
You sold us Lovren in the first place so I think it's you that owes me the apology.

Old Jun 13th 2019, 4:48 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
You sold us Lovren in the first place so I think it's you that owes me the apology.
fair point that
Old Jun 13th 2019, 5:28 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

United could always agree to pay De Ligt the going rate (what are his offers up to now, $1,000,000 a week?)

I really don't mind writing off the next couple of seasons at Old Trafford, we need to go back to youth and build from there. Ole has seriously lost my confidence and if we don't start well, he'll be in danger legend or not.

Oh and please Inter, please, take Lukaku off our hands. You can have Sanchez and Pogba too in a job lot if you like, $150m.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 6:14 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
United could always agree to pay De Ligt the going rate (what are his offers up to now, $1,000,000 a week?)

I really don't mind writing off the next couple of seasons at Old Trafford, we need to go back to youth and build from there. Ole has seriously lost my confidence and if we don't start well, he'll be in danger legend or not.

Oh and please Inter, please, take Lukaku off our hands. You can have Sanchez and Pogba too in a job lot if you like, $150m.
well you certainly need younger full backs but the average age pf your squad is about the same as Citeh and the scousers.

Going back to your long lamented youth policy will be exceedingly difficult methinks. Chelski have been transfer banned, Citeh are about to get banned, Barcelona have been banned for having a youth policy in the same way Fergie did for the class of 92 when it wasn't against the rules.

You are right on OGS he'll have to start well but needs to be backed in transfers

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.