Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

Old May 31st 2016, 10:05 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
You have to feel sorry for Townsend and Drinkwater for missing the cut considering Henderson, Wilshere and Sturridge made the squad and they are crocked and shite.
Old May 31st 2016, 11:46 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest concern isn't the squad, that was always going to be iffy, it's who will replace Woy when it all goes to shit? Is he just taking crocks with him so he can blame it on injuries and get a new contract?
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:20 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
My biggest concern isn't the squad, that was always going to be iffy, it's who will replace Woy when it all goes to shit? Is he just taking crocks with him so he can blame it on injuries and get a new contract?
Sounds like a job for Pardiola.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 1:24 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a Fair Play award for individual players? If so I'd like to make an early nomination for Pepe.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 9:23 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Is there a Fair Play award for individual players? If so I'd like to make an early nomination for Pepe.

You spelt "cheating **** award" wrong...
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 8:50 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was poor....

England were so bad they improved when Sterling came on, which is pretty damning....
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:43 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I expect one of these noddy teams like Northern Ireland or Wales who've qualified by virtue of the tournament expanding to over deliver, reach the quarters, beat England or someone else considered 'big' and the world to start asking if they're Leicester in disguise.

Or something like that.
And this is the stage where I tell you (on behalf of all my fellow countrymen) to go and fck yourself ( ) in the nicest possible terms....and once you've done that, have a wee gander at the Euro 2016 Qualifying final tables, and tell me where in their Group 'noddy' Norn Iron finished....I'll give you a clue, it wasn't 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th.

Last time I checked, throughout the history of the European Championships, the country winning their Qualifying Group has always been allowed to go to the Finals....

Winners? Spain or Belgium. The French have left a LOT of talent out of their squad, and I don't fancy their defence much. The Krauts don't excite me (again, other than Neuer, a dodgy defence).

Dark horses? Austria & Switzerland...both much better sides than the sum of their parts, and the Austrians should walk their Group.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:48 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
And this is the stage where I tell you (on behalf of all my fellow countrymen) to go and fck yourself ( ) in the nicest possible terms....and once you've done that, have a wee gander at the Euro 2016 Qualifying final tables, and tell me where in their Group 'noddy' Norn Iron finished....I'll give you a clue, it wasn't 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th.

Last time I checked, throughout the history of the European Championships, the country winning their Qualifying Group has always been allowed to go to the Finals....

Winners? Spain or Belgium. The French have left a LOT of talent out of their squad, and I don't fancy their defence much. The Krauts don't excite me (again, other than Neuer, a dodgy defence).

Dark horses? Austria & Switzerland...both much better sides than the sum of their parts, and the Austrians should walk their Group.
Spain v Germany final methinks
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:55 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Spain v Germany final methinks
The draw is so complicated after the Group stage that I can't be bothered to work out who might meet who before the Final if everyone who you'd think should win their Group actually does.

I think the qualifiers will be:

France, Switzerland, England, Russia, Germany, Poland, Spain, Croatia, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Portugal and the four best 3rd place teams: Norn Iron, Rep. of Ireland, Turkey & Iceland.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 4:23 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

It took a little while for you to bite, but when you did....it was all worth it. Thank you.

I'm not sure about Belgium. They should be excellent but stink of Dutch desperation to fail.?

Austria and Switzerland are both good sides...good shout.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

France as winners for me.

Belgium looked awful the other night against Norway and were lucky to win.

Thanksfully haven't seen England play yet. I also echo the post about taking Sturridge, Wiltshire and Henderson - crocked and pish!
Old Jun 7th 2016, 12:59 pm
Late In May In 1999...

It took a little while for you to bite, but when you did....it was all worth it. Thank you.

http://www.santogamefishing.com/wp-c...3/DSC_0303.jpg

I'm not sure about Belgium. They should be excellent but stink of Dutch desperation to fail.?

Austria and Switzerland are both good sides...good shout.
Well, you DID chuck in a LOT of bait.... 'noddy' Norn Iron?? Really?!
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:40 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

It shouldn't have done, what with it being trolling an' all, but it made me laugh.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 7:50 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahhaa.

Anyway.I shall be supporting all the British teams, apart from Wales when they play England.

I'm a lover, not a hater.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 8:47 am

Hahahhaa.

Anyway.I shall be supporting all the British teams, apart from Wales when they play England.

I'm a lover, not a hater.
And I'm Scottish, so good luck France.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.