Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Old May 9th 2011, 8:09 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
I'm noticing a lack of Arsenal supporters here, I should never have blown my cover, I'm alone here and somehow struggling.. not fair at all :-(
I've noticed a lack of Arsenal supporters everywhere - and not a single Chelsea fan as far as the eye can see....not that I'm complaining.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:10 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

;p fair enough, I didn't expect anything less, I should just learn to shut up..
Oh you're no fun, it's that the best comeback you've got, come on Spurs are providing plenty of material for ridicule at the moment
Originally Posted by ededed View Post
3 days to go....

It's Monday, and it's early, not gutsy enough, but if there's an Arsenal fan out there....
I'm noticing a lack of Arsenal supporters here, I should never have blown my cover, I'm alone here and somehow struggling.. not fair at all :-(
Well I'm pretty much solo too - fancy joining forces on the CL thread against the mob of smug, annoying, twatty United fans........
Old May 9th 2011, 8:14 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Well I'm pretty much solo too - fancy joining forces on the CL thread against the mob of smug, annoying, twatty United fans........
West Ham?
Old May 9th 2011, 8:17 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

West Ham?
Oh shut up and it's more than 3 days you know
Old May 9th 2011, 8:28 am

Oh shut up and it's more than 3 days you know
4 then. With my hangover I am not thinking straight. I got drunk after we beat Chelsea to almost guarantee our 19th league title. Have I mentioned that?
Old May 9th 2011, 9:28 am
Grace and gratitude

4 then. With my hangover I am not thinking straight. I got drunk after we beat Chelsea to almost guarantee our 19th league title. Have I mentioned that?
Longer than 4 days then - did ManUre cheat their way to a victory then, you may have touched upon it - have I mentioned Spurs' epic draw against Blackpool?
Old May 9th 2011, 1:20 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Who's next, the not-so-special-anymore?
Bryan Robson or Steve Bruce, in fact almost anyone but the "un-special-one".
Old May 9th 2011, 1:22 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

It's Monday, and it's early, not gutsy enough, but if there's an Arsenal fan out there....
Yeah, but at least you're showing yourself in public. All your fellow gooners have gone into hiding after stuffing us last week and thinking they were in with a chance.
Old May 9th 2011, 1:25 pm

Oh you're no fun, it's that the best comeback you've got, come on Spurs are providing plenty of material for ridicule at the moment
What do you mean, "at the moment" ? We've been ridiculing them for years.

Why bother, it'll only end up with you sounding like you ate a lot of sour grapes
Old May 9th 2011, 1:27 pm

- and not a single Chelsea fan as far as the eye can see....not that I'm complaining.
You won't see any of them again until the start of next season now.
Old May 9th 2011, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

That's mainly because judging by the posts many of you have been around a lot longer than me here and don't feel comfortable replying too directly .......yet

ameliapond likes this
Although I hope none of my family back home reads me as I don't think joining forces with Spur fans will be regarded as a smart move

They're a bit smug aren't they? Convinced to support the best club in the world no matter what, I think Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan might've something to say about that... anyway, I live in Barcelona and I've been a bit brainwashed by colleagues at work, it'll be very easy for me to support Messi & Co. in the final, I couldn't do otherwise even if I wanted to..

Credit must be given though to ManUtd in these cases, if you take most of their players one by one they are out of date teabags compared to Barca's, yet collectively they often pull it off, why this doesn't happen in other clubs too is beyond me, I'm curious to see what'll happen after Fergie..
Old May 9th 2011, 2:11 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what number this is but:

** To a man, Chelsea are totally without desire to win, or backbone.
Old May 9th 2011, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Don't know what number this is but:

** To a man, Chelsea are totally without desire to win, or backbone.
I wonder how long it's going to take the Russian to come to terms with the fact, that you can only have so many foreign players in a team before everyone in it is there purely for the money.
Old May 9th 2011, 2:27 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
I wonder how long it's going to take the Russian to come to terms with the fact, that you can only have so many foreign players in a team before everyone in it is there purely for the money.
It'll never happen, purely because that's the only reason he's in it for - your own faults tend to make you blind to the same faults in others.
Old May 9th 2011, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Inter Milan last year won treble with one national if I'm not mistaken

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.