Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Transferring photos from iPhone to pc USB

Transferring photos from iPhone to pc USB

Old Jun 14th 2018, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transferring photos from iPhone to pc USB

We want to buy two new iPhones SE from Walmart/ St Talk and save our photos from our old soon to be discarded iPhone 5s's.What do I need to buy in order to do this. I already have a connector to connect date card to USB on PC.
Thanks
JM
Old Jun 14th 2018, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring photos from iPhone to pc USB

You can just upload all your photos to icloud.

When you sign into to your apple ID on the new phones it'll download all your photos to the new phone.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint View Post
You can just upload all your photos to icloud.

When you sign into to your apple ID on the new phones it'll download all your photos to the new phone.
Thanks I will give that a try.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:23 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

When I plug my iPhone into my laptop a message pops up on my phone asking if I want to allow my laptop access to photos and videos, I select allow and it pops up under "This PC" formerly "My Computer" and you can navigate through the images and copy them wherever you want. That's just using a regular lightning cable. You shouldn't need to buy anything at all.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure your old iPhone is backing up to the cloud. When you setup your new phone and enter your Apple ID it will give you the option to restore the backup to the new phone.

That way it will restore everything including photos, contacts, bookmarks etc. Even you call history.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
When I plug my iPhone into my laptop a message pops up on my phone asking if I want to allow my laptop access to photos and videos, I select allow and it pops up under "This PC" formerly "My Computer" and you can navigate through the images and copy them wherever you want. That's just using a regular lightning cable. You shouldn't need to buy anything at all.
Thanks that will be great will definitely give that a try.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Plug your (old) phone into the PC with the USB cable.
Start iTunes.
Select your device in iTunes.
Make a backup to the PC.
Once complete remove old phone.
Plug in the new phone.
Select RESTORE FROM BACKUP (and not SETUP AS NEW iPhone)
All your old stuff is on the new phone.

PS: Photos downloading from iCloud depends entirely on how your phone is setup. If you don't use iCloud Photo Library (this can be selected on or off) then you may not be downloading everything. The backup option is safer.

Last edited by calman014; Jun 15th 2018 at 9:43 pm. Reason: added info.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all for the replies. I will get the new phones next week and will give it a try.