Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

How to download an avatar that's the right way up!

How to download an avatar that's the right way up!

Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:58 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to download an avatar that's the right way up!

BEVS very kindly turned the last one round for me but I don't understand why this happens. I took a photo of Lemon Bear wearing her favourite football team's colours. I used the same photo as my profile pic on FB with no problems, but downloaded it to here from my Samsung phone and she's all askew! Tried turning the photo on my phone and then downloaded to BE and she's still askew. What am I doing wrong?

Those who know me well know that technology and I don't get on well. So explain it in very, very simple terms!!!!!!!!!! Please!
Old Aug 20th 2019, 3:08 am
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to download an avatar that's the right way up!

Turn your screen a quarter clockwise. Job done.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 3:35 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Turn your screen a quarter clockwise. Job done.
Thank you so much. I can understand that instruction. Slight difficulty with balance issues but I'll sort with strategically placed books
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:38 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully you'll get a sensible reply shortly
Old Aug 20th 2019, 10:26 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Hopefully you'll get a sensible reply shortly
Lemon Bear is resting after an arduous outfit change.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 10:32 pm
Finally mesh free!

I've tried standing on me head too!
Old Aug 21st 2019, 3:03 am
Finally mesh free!

So I have had a look at trying to turn the image myself by right clicking on it and pressing various options to no avail. So then I had the bright idea of turning my camera phone 45° anti-clockwise, taking the photo and then downloading it here (or is that an upload???????). This had the hilarious (IMHO) result of making Lemon Bear stand on her head. A-ha me thought, if I turn the camera through 180° and take a photo she should be the right way up. And so boys and girls, it all ended happily ever after
Old Aug 21st 2019, 1:56 pm
A girly swot

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
...So then I had the bright idea of turning my camera phone 45° anti-clockwise, taking the photo and then downloading it here (or is that an upload???????). This had the hilarious (IMHO) result of making Lemon Bear stand on her head. A-ha me thought, if I turn the camera through 180° and take a photo she should be the right way up...
When I muck around with an image in 'Paint' I sometimes use the rotate feature but never remember which of horizontal or vertical to use, let alone how many degrees. It's always 'trial and error' until I get there.