Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Bookmark weirdness - Firefox

Bookmark weirdness - Firefox

Old Oct 7th 2021, 12:27 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bookmark weirdness - Firefox

Here's an odd one.
I save a movie link to my bookmarks - sub-folder, movies. I see it there.

Later, I see it not there. I use the search bookmarks function and it's not there.

I find the movie on the site I know I saved it from, click bookmark as if to save it again but I don't get the option to save it, only the edit bookmark option.
Wait a moment...I've just been told there is no bookmark yet I'm being offered the opportunity to edit it.

So I click 'edit' and the details come up showing the bookmark is in the sub-folder called movies. So I re-check that movies sub folder and, sure enough, it's not there. Again I use the search function and again it's not there. But clicking the bookmark tab (as if to save it) once again it offers me the chance to edit it and that it's in the movies sub folder. Except it's not.

Annoyingly, before I discovered this, I'm pretty sure I had saved a few movies but of course now I don't have the faintest idea what they were. Like the others they are probably listed as in the movies sub folder but in order to find the name of the movie I 'saved' I need to know the name of the movie.

If I save a similar link from a TV show, but in the sub-folder TV it saves it. Only under movies do they disappear.

Movies I have saved as bookmarks over what would be many months, perhaps years, are still there. It's only ones I'm currently saving (in movies) that show up and then disappear when I look the other way.

Perhaps I will make a new movies sub folder. Movies The Sequel or something.