Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

Work in correze

Work in correze

Old Jan 25th 2018, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Bev M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work in correze

Hi my partner is looking for work in the correze area he is a coach driver with 17 years experience he has also worked as a delivery driver. He does not speak much French and is finding it really hard to get a job. I would appreciate any advice
Old Jan 25th 2018, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work in correze

Hi Bev, I saw your other posts on the French Intro section.

It's going to be tricky working as a coach driver driving French customers around if he can't communicate with the passengers, good communication is part of the job. An employer would be limited on what jobs they could send him on - no good giving him groups of OAPs who need looking after and shepherding around, for instance, or French school parties who might have all kinds of sudden requests.

Rather than keeping on banging your head against the wall, I would have thought his best bet might be a UK coach company that does a lot of international work, such as Eurolines, Megabus and the like? Or Ouibus (part of SNCF, based in Paris I think?). I used those three quite a lot between Paris and London and they seem to have drivers of all nationalities, some can speak English and some can't, it's not such an issue when you have passengers of mixed nationality. Though Corrèze may not be convenient for that.

Good luck, sounds like you need some.

EDIT - an afterthought - what about the licence? Is a UK coach licence valid here?

Last edited by EuroTrash; Jan 25th 2018 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 5:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work in correze

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Hi Bev, I saw your other posts on the French Intro section.

It's going to be tricky working as a coach driver driving French customers around if he can't communicate with the passengers, good communication is part of the job. An employer would be limited on what jobs they could send him on - no good giving him groups of OAPs who need looking after and shepherding around, for instance, or French school parties who might have all kinds of sudden requests.

Rather than keeping on banging your head against the wall, I would have thought his best bet might be a UK coach company that does a lot of international work, such as Eurolines, Megabus and the like? Or Ouibus (part of SNCF, based in Paris I think?). I used those three quite a lot between Paris and London and they seem to have drivers of all nationalities, some can speak English and some can't, it's not such an issue when you have passengers of mixed nationality. Though Corrèze may not be convenient for that.

Good luck, sounds like you need some.
What a lovely, helpful post