Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

Web and Software application developer, looking for work in Vancouver area (Canada)

Web and Software application developer, looking for work in Vancouver area (Canada)

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Web and Software application developer, looking for work in Vancouver area (Canada)

WEB AND SOFTWARE APPLICATION PROGRAMMER

3 years of real-world web and desktop development experience.

Career Profile
I am an enthusiastic, imaginative and dynamic person who loves to program. I have extensive experience of PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript, MySQL and have developed applications with .NET and C#. I am also quick to learn new technologies and programming languages. I can work in a team, as well as plan, schedule and coordinate activities related to systems and programming development.

My programming principals are that code should be clear, well commented and the development process should follow an effective methodology.

I am also a musician, and am fully qualified in this field, giving me the added ability of being able to mix programming and audio media.

I can effectively communicate technical problems and maintain a solid set of tasks and priorities in order to meet deadlines and maximize my time. I also have experience of technical writing and preparing documents. I believe that your requirements match the skills and expertise that I have and can bring to your company.

The company which I have been employed at for the past 2 years develops Business and Accounting software with features such as Inventory Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Point of Sales, so I am also familiar with how such software is put together and the standards and guidelines it must follow.

Looking for a good employer who is willing to support me with my goal of staying in Canada. My current Work Permit expires in 3 months so I am looking to arrange something as soon as possible.

Web-based Development
* PHP (Object Oriented)
* JavaScript & AJAX
* PHP-MySQL development
* jQuery & jQueryUI

Desktop Application Development
* Visual Studio C#
* Borland/CodeGear Delphi
* .NET & Visual Studio 2010

Graphics Applications
* Adobe Photoshop
* Adobe Illustrator
* Jasc Paintshop Pro

Database
* MySQL
* Microsoft Access

Network Management
* Managing services over SSH
* Apache Configuration
* PureFTPd Configuration
* VNC Server Configuration

Operating Systems
* Microsoft Windows
* Windows Server
* Gentoo, Ubuntu and CentOS Linux
* Mac OS X

Music / Audio Applications
* Pro Tools LE and HD
* Apple Logic
* Cakewalk Sonar
* Reason
* Audacity

Multimedia Applications
* Sony Vegas
* Ahead Nero
* VLC

Office Applications
* Microsoft Office
* Microsoft Office for Mac
* OpenOffice
* Adobe Acrobat

Full resume and references available on request.