Reload this Page >

Wanted: A Job in NZ please

Wanted: A Job in NZ please

Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:46 am
Just Joined

sonia.staker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanted: A Job in NZ please

Hi everyone,

My family and I have been trying to emigrate to NZ for over 4 years but are met with the same scenario.....no job offer without a work permit and no work permit given without a job offer..... I'm sure many of you have been in this situation or similar

We travelled to NZ in November 2009 until January 2010 in search for a job as we were told it would be much easier if we were actually in NZ. With no luck at all, unfortunately we had to return to the UK. This really sickened us as we'd had a taste of New Zealand life

My husband, Stephen, is 46 years old and worked for the Prison Service for over 20 years at managerial level. During this time, he had significant involvement in Staff Training and Development, Performance Management and Security Management (not ICT). He now works in Child and Youth Services in West Yorkshire, supporting families in crisis due to their anti-social behaviour, youth offending and level of child poverty. He does not have a social work qualification though as his role does not require it. He is an extremely professional person and takes pride in the work that he does. He is confident and will not let you down. His hobbies consist of DIY including joinery, interior decorating, plastering and outdoor landscaping which includes decking, laying lawns, pond/water feature construction and bonsai cultivation and growing. He has a sense of humour and also loves rugby and drinking beer, ha ha

Can anyone help with offering him a permanent job in the North Island (30 hours at least). He is willing to train for a new career and doesn't mind if the job is outdoors

Oh, and by the way, his beloved wife (that'll be me ) loves baking so if he is offered a job, I'll bake you the biggest cake ever

Thank you
Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

NZer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted: A Job in NZ please

Hi Sonia,

Don't give up your dream- but be aware New Zealand is experiencing a recession and alot of people and finding it hard to find jobs, so don't let it get you down.

The best advice I would give you would be to get your husband to study social work part time (would his work pay for it?).

If he gets a SW qual he could work at at Child Youth and Family, the govt agency which always has jobs going.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wanted: A Job in NZ please

Have you tried www.seek.co.nz ????

I have just put in a search string for social worker and have these results:

http://www.seek.co.nz/JobSearch?Date...er&nation=3001

Give it a whirl and see what happens!