Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

Wanted: Job Call Center Rep (I prefer inbound technical support)

Wanted: Job Call Center Rep (I prefer inbound technical support)

Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

TStowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Wanted: Job Call Center Rep (I prefer inbound technical support)

I'm currently employed by a company local to where I live, in San Antonio, Texas.

I'm looking for employment in other countries as a call center phone representative (inbound and technical support is preferred).

I'm currently in a position where I provide DSL tech support to several companies and my current base pay is $11/hr + commissions on upsell sales. I work from home using a Mitel phone and using a Cisco VPN set-up on my broadband connection

To give a good idea of what I'm paid at my current employer;
The minimum upsell sale for a DSL line speed upgrade is $20 USD and the maximum is $32 USD. I make on average $2,000 per month, sometimes up to $3,000.

My career experience has been focused mainly in technical support and general IT experience, PC and Mac repair experience and consulting. I also run two businesses which I'll start anew abroad. I've worked for AT&T U-Verse technical support and I started working in a technical support role at 17 for a dial-up Internet Service Provider. My resume is available upon request, please PM me.

I'm not averse to living in any country, though I'd like to mention that I'd definitely take a position in Japan, China, the United Kingdom or Austrailia and I'd like sponsorship for work visa and needed papers and need to be sure about my footing beforehand.

Best Regards,

Thomas
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wanted: Job Call Center Rep (I prefer inbound technical support)

Originally Posted by TStowe
I'm currently employed by a company local to where I live, in San Antonio, Texas.

I'm looking for employment in other countries as a call center phone representative (inbound and technical support is preferred).

I'm currently in a position where I provide DSL tech support to several companies and my current base pay is $11/hr + commissions on upsell sales. I work from home using a Mitel phone and using a Cisco VPN set-up on my broadband connection

To give a good idea of what I'm paid at my current employer;
The minimum upsell sale for a DSL line speed upgrade is $20 USD and the maximum is $32 USD. I make on average $2,000 per month, sometimes up to $3,000.

My career experience has been focused mainly in technical support and general IT experience, PC and Mac repair experience and consulting. I also run two businesses which I'll start anew abroad. I've worked for AT&T U-Verse technical support and I started working in a technical support role at 17 for a dial-up Internet Service Provider. My resume is available upon request, please PM me.

I'm not averse to living in any country, though I'd like to mention that I'd definitely take a position in Japan, China, the United Kingdom or Austrailia and I'd like sponsorship for work visa and needed papers and need to be sure about my footing beforehand.

Best Regards,

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

This is a company called BSKYB.The company is based in the UK, here is the link if you want to find out more or apply for a job with them.

http://corporate.sky.com/work_for_sky.htm

I do know they are a very good company to work for as i used to work for them a few years ago.

Best of luck
Kim
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

TStowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted: Job Call Center Rep (I prefer inbound technical support)

Originally Posted by kimandken
Hi Thomas,

This is a company called BSKYB.The company is based in the UK, here is the link if you want to find out more or apply for a job with them.

http://corporate.sky.com/work_for_sky.htm

I do know they are a very good company to work for as i used to work for them a few years ago.

Best of luck
Kim
Kim,

Thanks for the lead. I'm looking into it now. I was having a conversation with my wife last night about where we want to live. She and I agreed that we want to live in Australia or the UK first and have homes in as many regions/countries that we can. This may help us make that initial start.

Kind Regards,

Thomas