Reload this Page >

Plumbing job wanted abroad

Plumbing job wanted abroad

Old Feb 24th 2018, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Jdownes89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing job wanted abroad

Hi folks.

I'm looking to gain work abroad. I'm not particular in where I have to go I'm looking to do this for money as well as the experience.

I'm a time served plumbing and heating engineer. NVQ level 3 and OFTEC approved (oil boilers) with 5 years experience.

I wouldnt mind working on a cruise either because I've heard its good money and you get to see a little when you dock.

Any advice would be appreciated and where can I start looking? Ideally I'd like to find an employer who sorts your digs as well.

Thanks.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 7:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumbing job wanted abroad

I’d suggest you re-read your previous threads on the same subject - lots of good advice given to you in those.

What have you been doing since you first posted, have you been looking in to visas for the country(ies) that interest you? Been out in person to job hunt? Saving up for the usually large cost of a move abroad?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 24th 2018 at 8:11 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

I've had a few set backs with my personal life so only managed to go as far as researching.

I want to work abroad not live abroad if you get me? Ideally work for a company that sorts you out accommodation and I go to work. Simple as that.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 8:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so the cruise ship option is a good one as most other jobs won’t sort out accommodation for you. I don’t think you’d work on a cruise ship just for money though?

Did you look in to the suggestion of working on the rigs? If you just want to earn money then somewhere like that (somewhere not as many others want to work) is probably your best option IMO.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Well from what I've heard its good money and you can go out when the ship is docked so its a good place to get your head down, earn money and explore a little when the time comes. Just need to find the proper channels to go through when searching.

I've spoken to a few people about the rigs and it seems to be a case of who you know when getting a job on them. Plus you need experience off-shore which only people who have been on the rigs have.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 8:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jdownes89
Well from what I've heard its good money and you can go out when the ship is docked so its a good place to get your head down, earn money and explore a little when the time comes. Just need to find the proper channels to go through when searching.
I don’t know what would be considered good money for a plumber tbh, I’ve no idea what they earn. Looks like about £1500 a month is the average from a quick Google, but you’d presumably have your food and board paid for on top of that which would help. Only you would know if that would be enough once you’ve paid tax and for a few excursions when at shore?

Originally Posted by Jdownes89
I've spoken to a few people about the rigs and it seems to be a case of who you know when getting a job on them. Plus you need experience off-shore which only people who have been on the rigs have.
Ah, ok. Shame. Might be worth asking in the UAE forums, tax free would help with the money side of things if you can get a job there maybe?