Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

moving to Bogota from the UK end of July need help!!

moving to Bogota from the UK end of July need help!!

Old Nov 20th 2011, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

whartley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Bogota from the UK end of July need help!!

Hi there, my name is William. I am in my last year at University ending a bachelor in Politics and international relations. My partner is back in Bogota (as she is Colombian) and I am looking for work there. I've already visited the country last summer and was impressed to see a booming city where I would be more than pleases to live and work.
I am 25, and used to be a real estate agent in London before giving it up to enter uni. I am bi-lingual in French and English as my parents are from both nationalities. I have spent 3 months in Latin America (Ecuador and Colombia) where I picked up spanish with an unexpected ease, however there is some work to be done before I become fluent in the language.
I am not posting here to expect someone to offer me a job, but more in the hope of making useful contacts and getting tips from others who have been in my situation. I will be flying to Bogota around February/March I would love to meet with anyone interested in meeting me.
I am young and have plenty of experience in different sectors. I don't know where to start and starting to be desperate for help.
Please help me out.
PS: I would be more than happy to make my CV available to anyone
Old Jan 6th 2012, 10:13 am
Just Joined

merryweather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Bogota from the UK end of July need help!!

Hi William my partner is colombian too and im thinking of going there but need to work preferably as nanny, are you going to get a work visa? Heather