British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Job Offers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/)
-   -   Railway Signal Engineers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/railway-signal-engineers-490087/)

glennandkate Oct 28th 2007 11:57 am

Railway Signal Engineers

Yes, I know there isn't millions of you out there but our company is absolutely desperate for Rail Signal Engineers - Sponsorships available to right people...We have offices in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne and Karratha and vacancies in all of them.
If interested please send me a pm.

Ta

Kate

jamesmc Oct 29th 2007 7:02 pm

Re: Railway Signal Engineers

hi, would there be any vacancies for senior infrastructure technicians .
network rail. scotland?
leslie h.
(using friends computer)

jamiefrod Oct 29th 2007 11:58 pm

Hi,

I'm an electrician with a HND including analogue and digital communications and have also worked for S&T (signal and telecoms) at belfour beatty rail about 5 years ago (which i have certification for).

I'm about 5 days from arriving in Perth where i'll be looking to stay and set up home. I'm on a WHV at the mo but going through the motions to get my skilled residency and i've got my TRA as a general electrician.

If you want to have a chat PM me and i'll give you my number, although i won't be contactable until Nov 2nd due to me being in a remote part of SA at the moment with no phone signal!

glennandkate Nov 1st 2007 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by jamesmc (Post 5484893)
hi, would there be any vacancies for senior infrastructure technicians .
network rail. scotland?
leslie h.
(using friends computer)

I am not 100% sure on that, I will have a word with HR and get back to you.

Tintsexpert Nov 12th 2007 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by glennandkate (Post 5478692)
Yes, I know there isn't millions of you out there but our company is absolutely desperate for Rail Signal Engineers - Sponsorships available to right people...We have offices in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne and Karratha and vacancies in all of them.

Ta

Kate

Hi Kate,
would they be interested in a sparks with loads of panel & control experiance?
Also exp in hv distribution control (YEB substation installs)
Cheers
Tim

littlelegz Apr 12th 2008 9:15 am

Ta

Kate

Hi there i'm employed by Network Rail as a Rail Signal Engineer for the S&T Dept. can you send me some info on your company so I apply.

Kind Regards,
Dave

mikewilliams643 Apr 12th 2008 5:12 pm

Ta

Kate

Hi

I am a mechanical engineer, now working at a project manager in defence. However, I am extremely keen to move to Australia. I would be very interested to hear more on the post you are describing.

Regards

Mike

eightpints Apr 13th 2008 8:16 am

Ta

Kate

I'm not in rail, but have lots of experience of other industries, will pm my cv to see what you think

super blue Aug 5th 2008 7:44 pm

Ta

Kate

At the moment i am looking for work in Australia could you please put me in touch with any contacts you have.I have 6 years experience with afull IRSE licence

stixblue Aug 29th 2008 2:00 pm

Hello there

I am currently applying for my 175 class visa as a General Electrician, I am currently employed as an Signalling Technician and I have 2 years experience in this field and 18 as an electrician. I am looking to relocate to the Brisbane area. If you think any employers would be interested in my CV then please PM.

Thanks David Gardner

Absnmark Jan 3rd 2009 9:42 am

Ta

Kate

Hi Kate, this is a little while after your initial thread but in case your company is recruiting, my partner is an MDT Installer (with IRSE) in Signals & electrical dept over here on the London Underground. Pls let me know if you woluld like to know more. Thx

Supertec Jan 27th 2009 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Absnmark (Post 7121885)
Hi Kate, this is a little while after your initial thread but in case your company is recruiting, my partner is an MDT Installer (with IRSE) in Signals & electrical dept over here on the London Underground. Pls let me know if you woluld like to know more. Thx

I am a Technical Officer waiting to be licensed by London Underground, also have mainline experience in fault finding, maintenance testing etc.

Would be interested to hear about what opportunities are available to work in Australia at the moment.

irse licence Nov 5th 2009 12:19 pm

Ta

Kate

hi just joined this site am looking for signalling installation work in oz have current i.r.s.e licence installer and team leader have worked in oz before but looking for city work this time instead of fly in and out as will have the wife with me can you help or know any contacts ..

thanks lewis

robbyford182 Jan 25th 2010 7:54 pm

Hi, I am an S&T Senior Technician covering Technical Officer at Brighton. I am looking to emigrate to oz, has anyone had any joy with this thread or know where I can start looking?

I am from a Maintenance and Faulting background and would be looking to do the same sort of thing down under.:thumbup:

Raymie d Apr 26th 2010 3:34 pm

hi all '

Looking for signalling employment as well , i am irse licensed installer / maintenance tester who works for babcock rail formerly first engineering any pointers help would be much appreciated

Cheers Raymie