Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

ottg will become famous soon enough
Default Job Opportunities - mining

Please see Attached Job List
Attached Files
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice
Default Re: Job Opportunities - mining

Originally Posted by ottg
Please see Attached Job List
Cheers for that, have passed it onto a couple of mining engineers in Perth who are looking for a change.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne
Cheers for that, have passed it onto a couple of mining engineers in Perth who are looking for a change.
I have just received an update! Not many jobs left!
Attached Files
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Delbertt is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need qualifications to get into mining?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Delbertt
Do you need qualifications to get into mining?
At least some Certification and experience. But it depends what you want to do? Please be a bit more specific.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

Hi ottg

I was wondering what qualifications are looked for with specific regards to electricians working in the mining industry?.

I should (finally) have my "A" class license by the end of the month and I would be interested in getting involved in the industry. All my previous experience is in industrial contracting (from power wiring to plc controls and panel building). In a number of industries such as pharmaceutical, food manufacturing, concretes, sawmilling and other industries. It's pretty varied but unfortunately no previous petrochem or mining!.

Is there any specific courses I should be looking at doing to give me a "head start" in an attempt to give myself a chance at breaking into the industry?.

I have been considering doing a HV switching course as I see that seems to be quite commonly asked for....I was wondering if you knew of any more suitable courses that were more specific to the industry that may help me out?

Many Thanks