Reload this Page >

Help to get employment in Perth

Help to get employment in Perth

Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Rowly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help to get employment in Perth

Hi to all,

Wow I am amazed how long the OZ investment problem goes on for and I am in the same position as most of you.

I was asked to apply for my investment last November and been waiting in the same state since then.

However I was lucky enough to find a sponsor and I am now in Perth for the past few months.

I am not sure how many of you may be interested in coming to Perth but in the time here I have made a number of contacts and have lots of links through my employer.

There is a huge skills shortage out here and its common knowledge when you are here, but if like me previously you keep emailing agency’s etc they are probably not taking any notice of you.

Maybe I can help some of you where possible. The contacts I am making all seem to want to offer sponsorship on an e457 for the correct candidates, if your 136 etc is in progress it makes application so much easier as you cross ref your file on application. It takes a matter of weeks to finalise.

Knowing what many of you are going through I would like to offer some help if possible. Please note I am not a recruitment person and can not offer any advice there. The nature of my Job means I make many contacts in increasing skills/function areas. Added to the fact my own company are heavily recruiting.

The contacts I am making are increasing but if you are skilled in any of the following areas I may be able to pass on your CV to an employer who will support you.

Project or Programme Managers– any Fields, Prince 2 or PMI (PMP) Quals even better.

Degree qualified Mech / Elec Engineers, there are some willingness to accept varying skills bases.

Any Engineers who work in Design/Engineering / Construction of Waterways, sewerage or Mains water, de-sal plants etc.

Any Mining expertise in any category, large demands.

Any Oil and gas engineers or highly skilled areas.

Environmentalists’ with degree.

Project Engineers who can adapt quickly to another field and prove themselves – Degrees will get quicker access but if you got something let me see.

Engineers or expert skills in Boat building.

Or if you have a skill you believe to be in High demand in WA let me have your info and I will let you know accordingly.

I will reiterate that I am offering my help and as such will try to do my best but may not be able to answer you personally. Please do not send me Salary expectations etc as that is upto you to negotiate. In some company’s there are recruitment bounty’s, this I will not deny and will help add to my personal time given.

Cheers

Chris
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

BECCY.FR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help to get employment in Perth

hi chris,iam an electrician with 26 years experience i have also worked 10 years on the overheads with quals for that too.i am just in the process of sending to the tra,just waiting for the cheque from the bank.we are short on points so i would prefer state sponsored rather than take the stupid ielts test.can you advise the best options and are there really lots of jobs out there i have been e-mailing and sending my cv forever,never had a sniff
cheers chris
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Hi,
I recall there is a demand for overhead lines workers and power people in general. Not so much for household electricians.
Where have you tried applying? is at all agencys?
I will look out for you and let you know some contacts, can you send me some info or a CV ?

For some reason my email was dropped off the details so please email any info to [email protected]

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi There,
I have been talking this evening to someone who could utilse your skills.
Please send me your contact details, its in the Mining sector and they need people urgently. Let me have your details and I will pass them on direct.

My involvement is nothing but passing your details.

send to [email protected]

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rowly
Hi,
I recall there is a demand for overhead lines workers and power people in general. Not so much for household electricians.
Where have you tried applying? is at all agencys?
I will look out for you and let you know some contacts, can you send me some info or a CV ?

For some reason my email was dropped off the details so please email any info to [email protected]

Cheers
Chris
Hi
I have found you a contact who is desperate for Electricians with overheads experience. Its pure fluke I was chatting to someone tonight, but thats what its all about.
I mentioned I dont know you and would pass him your details, its with a very large Mining company in WA.

Please email your details via [email protected]
so I can forward to him, if your interested. Sponsorship available.

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

BECCY.FR is an unknown quantity at this point

hi chris
i have e-mailed you on you address with my cv and job discription letter
if you need more info let me know,by the way i sent my stuff to the tra today,one step closer
thanks a million chris
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

harryb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris

I have sent you a PM. Good on you for trying to help others in the same situation.

Regards

Harish
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Pat14 is on a distinguished road

Hi Chris

Sent you a pm with my details

Cheers Pat
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:28 am
Just Joined

debbief444 will become famous soon enough