Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

HELP, "British Style" fish and chips in Melb'

HELP, "British Style" fish and chips in Melb'

Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

vicz will become famous soon enoughvicz will become famous soon enough
Default HELP, "British Style" fish and chips in Melb'

An ex Yorkshireman, lived in Australia for many years and travel back every couple of years ( I mis the humour and good fish and chips ) For a bit of a laugh, I recently set up a British Style fish and chip shop/cafe in Dandenong, near Melbourne. Harry Ramsdens eat your heart out, you blew it in Melbourne hehe. I need a partner to expand to the next shop, and am really looking for somebody from the UK. I have never worked in a chippie before, so it was a huge learning curve, and now it's off the ground I need help.

I really enjoy the work ( and it's hard ) it's a lot of fun meeting all the expats that pop in, as well as the Aussies that like good, fresh fish and chips, pork pies and mushy peas, haggis and black pudding etc.

It's not an easy task to offor non frozen fish, and non frozen or pre cooked chips ( hand peeled by Yorkshire virgins ) well, would be if I could find one!

If anybody is interested, email me at [email protected] if you have any experience running a business it would help, but I can train you. If you have experience of North English fish and chips, say no more, just contact me.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP, "British Style" fish and chips in Melb'

Originally Posted by vicz
An ex Yorkshireman, lived in Australia for many years and travel back every couple of years ( I mis the humour and good fish and chips ) For a bit of a laugh, I recently set up a British Style fish and chip shop/cafe in Dandenong, near Melbourne. Harry Ramsdens eat your heart out, you blew it in Melbourne hehe. I need a partner to expand to the next shop, and am really looking for somebody from the UK. I have never worked in a chippie before, so it was a huge learning curve, and now it's off the ground I need help.

I really enjoy the work ( and it's hard ) it's a lot of fun meeting all the expats that pop in, as well as the Aussies that like good, fresh fish and chips, pork pies and mushy peas, haggis and black pudding etc.

It's not an easy task to offor non frozen fish, and non frozen or pre cooked chips ( hand peeled by Yorkshire virgins ) well, would be if I could find one!

If anybody is interested, email me at [email protected] if you have any experience running a business it would help, but I can train you. If you have experience of North English fish and chips, say no more, just contact me.
are you looking for someone to put some cash and partner the up and running shop and the new shop?