British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Job Offers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/)
-   -   Any Mum looking for a p/t job? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/any-mum-looking-p-t-job-514800/)

Clippy Feb 16th 2008 11:16 pm

Re: Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath (Post 5943031)
It wouldnt seeing as though youre a wombMAN :p

Nice :blink:

TiddlyPom Feb 16th 2008 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath (Post 5942946)
Between the wife and I we have to juggle work hours with picking kids up, it's not a male or female thing is it ?

Years ago liberated women fought workplace discrimination and quite rightly so, but it doesnt make it ok for anyone to advertise a job, asking for a woman unless they have an exemption for it.

No, it's not at all. I was referring to a mother or father who wasn't currently working ... and it's usual to be more likely the mother... but saying that, most parents both work these days so it's a juggle, as you say.

asher Feb 16th 2008 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath (Post 5943019)
Yes, women's work :D but mum is mother and mother is female unless youre a male seahorse that is.

excuse me this is not womens work!

It is work for both sexes and men should take their fair share so this advert is sexist :rofl:

TiddlyPom Feb 16th 2008 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Clippy (Post 5943037)
Nice :blink:

:blink:

Clippy Feb 16th 2008 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 5943044)
:blink:

:D

I'd still take the job :lol:

TiddlyPom Feb 16th 2008 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Clippy (Post 5943050)
:D

I'd still take the job :lol:

Yes, so would I. It would have to be paying more than working at Coles though.

I went there last night and asked, out of interest, how much they paid. Fluck me if they don't pay more per hour than I'm earning now.

Do I want to work in Coles though? :blink:

Clippy Feb 16th 2008 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 5943067)

I went there last night and asked, out of interest, how much they paid. Fluck me if they don't pay more per hour than I'm earning now.

I'd work in Coles if it didn't mean working weekends.

I don't want to work weekends :unsure: or late nights

TiddlyPom Feb 16th 2008 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Clippy (Post 5943079)
I'd work in Coles if it didn't mean working weekends.

I don't want to work weekends :unsure: or late nights

Mmm... you have a point.

Mrs Jackaroo Feb 16th 2008 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 5943067)

I did a few shifts in Coles and yes it is good money. Didnt stick with it though because although I was rostered to work until midnight they 'expected' me to work until 2am if they needed it! No chance!

TiddlyPom Feb 16th 2008 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo (Post 5943131)
I did a few shifts in Coles and yes it is good money. Didnt stick with it though because although I was rostered to work until midnight they 'expected' me to work until 2am if they needed it! No chance!

Yes, well I used to run a dpt in Tesco when we were really struggling.... and I suspect Coles are exactly the same to work for as they were... and I really don't want to do that. I'd rather work in Real Estate.
That's saying something! :lol:

Clippy Feb 16th 2008 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 5943137)
Yes, well I used to run a dpt in Tesco when we were really struggling.... and I suspect Coles are exactly the same to work for as they were... and I really don't want to do that. I'd rather work in Real Estate.

:lol:

Mrs Jackaroo Feb 16th 2008 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 5943137)

I'd agree - I've done real estate too and fund it much more fun :)

Luke I Amyofath Feb 17th 2008 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo (Post 5943131)

the OH worked at woolies doing nightfill. What a shite job that was. That job should be done by a man since it's bloody hard heavy work for a woman to be honest.

She now has a casual job in a servo about 15 hrs a week and she brings home close to what machine operators under me earn. Shes not complaining and I dont blame her.

TiddlyPom Feb 17th 2008 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath (Post 5943200)
the OH worked at woolies doing nightfill. What a shite job that was. That job should be done by a man since it's bloody hard heavy work for a woman to be honest.

She now has a casual job in a servo about 15 hrs a week and she brings home close to what machine operators under me earn. Shes not complaining and I dont blame her.

Yeah but that would be sexist to say that women couldn't do that heavy lifting....

Clippy Feb 17th 2008 12:29 am

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 5943227)
Yeah but that would be sexist to say that women couldn't do that heavy lifting....

Lol, I'm often heard saying to Dale 'that's a man's job' as an excuse to get out of things. It's not that I can't do it, just that I don't want to ;)

I'll never be a feminist :blink: