Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Worst European place to live

Worst European place to live

Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:05 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worst European place to live

An article from This is Money on why Britain is the worst place to live -
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...9&in_page_id=2

Also from the same website an article which includes a chart of the cost of everyday holiday items in 10 European countries - Guess where is the most expensive? Clue: You're there already!
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargain...n_page_id=1093

BTW I hate cats
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:11 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst European place to live

Originally Posted by duffer
An article from This is Money on why Britain is the worst place to live -
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...9&in_page_id=2

Also from the same website an article which includes a chart of the cost of everyday holiday items in 10 European countries - Guess where is the most expensive? Clue: You're there already!

BTW I hate cats
Lol! I hate Liverpool, so we are square!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about

Coffee, lager and mineral water are definitely cheaper here. I'm sure a meal in a restaurant is too unless you go to a tourist trap. A packet of cigarettes, a british newspaper and a postcard certainly aren't "everyday", nor even anyday items on my list. I don't often buy insect repellant, or suncream with daily regularity either. So I'm not exactly sure what that shopping basket actually measures.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

hmmm I'm never too sure. I think it depends on the individual too. I reckon beer/ wine are cheaper here. Everyone I meet here who has been to London always expresses their disgust at the cost of beer and ciggies in London!! welll derrrrr!! I wanted some pinenuts for a recipe last week, €14 for 500g I decided I didn't need them so much.... oh and glace cherries!! My goodness and such small packets!! That's whats in my typical basket....
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:35 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

It was supposed to be a tourist basket not an everyday basket hence the suncream etc, but even then it was a daft basket. And where, in tourist England, can you by all that, including a three course meal with wine for two, for £71!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:03 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Well I pay €2,50 for the previous day's copy of the Sun at the seaside. They don't have the Sport unfortunately. And unless you want to drink piss in a bottle otherwise known as Italian beer, it is quite expensive here for foreign beer whereas this summer in London I was shocked at the number of 'special offers' they had in all of the chain pubs for booze. Or is it just here in Vicenza that things are expensive? A pint of Guinness costs €5 here.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Well I pay €2,50 for the previous day's copy of the Sun at the seaside. They don't have the Sport unfortunately. And unless you want to drink piss in a bottle otherwise known as Italian beer, it is quite expensive here for foreign beer whereas this summer in London I was shocked at the number of 'special offers' they had in all of the chain pubs for booze. Or is it just here in Vicenza that things are expensive? A pint of Guinness costs €5 here.
Well surely €2.50 a day for the Sun or the Sport is a waste of money??!! can you not read for free, on the day, online? I must not be so fussy either as I am rather partial to a bottle of Morrietti (sp!!??) beer and that always seems cheap to me. Wine in restaurants, especially in England is a complete swizz. We normally go for water in UK restaurants and then head into a pub to drink alcohol but maybe that's just the Brightonian cheapskate in me and dh!! You can take the girl out of the gutter but you can't make her give up her pints of snakebite!!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:22 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Trying really hard I couldn't get the Italian basket to more than €20 before adding in a meal and as has been said that really depends on where you go. I can get a 3 course with wine here for two for €30 but you have to know where to look!!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:50 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't read the Sun!

Eaten out in Vicenza many a time with Italian friends and although the meals were cheap, the quality was appalling, but our friends didn't seem to notice.

Eating out in Verona is dear and the food is well, boring. Rather stick to Pizza. Some places have started doing aperitifs Turin/Milan style.

Don't drink beer unless it's got gassosa in it.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:05 pm
The Original Red Head!

Shandy!!! Lol!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 2:59 pm
Pull my finger

Depends what eating out is; many seem to think an osteria is a restaurant but this is the Italian equivalent to a pub, surely. Which makes a trattoria a cafe, surely not. A ristorante = restaurant, that's easy. The Sun and a hand shandy.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:00 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by 37100
You don't read the Sun!
That's because I is blind!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:09 pm
Concierge

That's because I is blind!
Page 3 strikes again.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

More great articles from the Daily Fail.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 10:02 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Shandy!!! Lol!
Shandy is a girl's drink. I drink Radler!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.