Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Who is in Sicily? - I made it :)

Who is in Sicily? - I made it :)

Old May 7th 2018, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Pailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the rough
Smile Who is in Sicily? - I made it :)

Hi all,
I've made it to Sicily ad was just wondering how many of you/us there are?
Old May 8th 2018, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice
Default Re: Who is in Sicily? - I made it :)

ME!
Old May 9th 2018, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Pailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Who is in Sicily? - I made it :)

Hi Giuliana!
Pleased to 'meet' you, where are you located?
I'm 'up the a**se end of nowhere' (as my Grandfather used to say) about 20 minutes from Gela.
Old May 9th 2018, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

Messina
Old May 10th 2018, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

I've not been up that far, Catania and back for airport pick ups. Are you in the town or country? What's it like that way? How are you finding Sicilian life? (sorry I have a lot of questions!)

Donna
Old May 12th 2018, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pailor
I've not been up that far, Catania and back for airport pick ups. Are you in the town or country? What's it like that way? How are you finding Sicilian life? (sorry I have a lot of questions!)

Donna
I have been living here for 34 years so more Sicilian than British!!!!!
Old May 18th 2018, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

msmiele is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I'm here. Living in Gela.
Old May 18th 2018, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pailor
Hi all,
I've made it to Sicily ad was just wondering how many of you/us there are?
I've actually NOT found one other British person living in Gela!!
Old May 18th 2018, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msmiele
... how lucky...
Old May 19th 2018, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

OMG!
Old May 20th 2018, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Wow!

Hello Glad to meet someone who's a bit nearer.
How do you find Gela? Have you been there long?

Donna
Old May 20th 2018, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Hello Donna,
Nice to meet you. I have been in Gela for just over a year and a half, I was 8 months pregnant when I arrived now have a 16 month old, so its been a bit tough to integrate (big lack of mother baby groups so difficult for a new mum without her family!). Gela is ok, better I think now the summer is coming! Catania seems a bit more international, lots of Americans I think because of the army base, but is just that little bit too far away. Where are you actually? How are you finding it? Get ready for the heat, if this summer is anything like last year it's going to get super hot.. I love it!! Do you ever come in to Gela?
Jodie
Old May 21st 2018, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jodie,

I have been into Gela a few times, it stresses me out driving in the bigger towns here still!
Especially if I don't know where I am going! TomTom maps has a rather loose understanding of the roads here from what I've seen!
I'm about 20 mins from Niscemi and probably half an hour ish from Gela. It's a smallholding so we're out in the agricultural area here.

I'm going to have to be a big brave girl and go to Gela soon and sort out my residence I am not looking forward to that, did you find the process okay?

I'm loving it here already, especially the sunshine ( my husband says I'm solar powered lol) I can't imagine going back to the UK now!

Donna
Old Jun 11th 2018, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Burano is a jewel in the roughBurano is a jewel in the roughBurano is a jewel in the roughBurano is a jewel in the rough

Hi,, I am here. Sort of.... I am Lawrence, I am from the USA and so not sure if I qualify for the site. And I am only in Sicily during the summers at this point. I did however buy my house outside of Cefalu in January 2016 and spent the winter here, (cold) It is an ancient home that needs a complete renovation, of which I am about 1/3 finished... But I love Italy, Sicily and my home in the small village of Isnello, in the heart of the Modonie Park. 7 months out of the year is wonderful weather. The people have been very welcoming and accepting.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lawrence 😁

Nice to meet you! I'm sure your home, once finished,
will be cosy in the winter! I arrived here in February and the dark nights were quite cold, thankfully we got a wood burning stove put in quite quickly!

Though to be fair the winter temperatures here are much better than in Snowdonia where I grew up!

The people in Sicily are if anything, overhelpful! (My neighbour likes to 'mansplain" things to me quite often in Italian but I know when I'm being mansplained at πŸ˜‰) Mostly he's absolutely correct as well, which is a bit annoying! haha!

With regard to your nationality I'm sure no one will mind you hanging here😁

I wish you well with your renovations.

Ciao!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.