Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Whi you gonna call?

Whi you gonna call?

Old Jun 10th 2016, 10:35 am
Living the Dream

Efes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to all
Default Who you gonna call?

I had an interesting situation last night. Some friends of friends were stuck in a valley next to a rapidly rising ford. They were in the middle of nowhere as they had naively followed their satnav. Having a Range Rover I figured I should be able to rescue them from most situations, and as it happened, I did. Although another 15 minutes or so and I wouldn't have made it across the ford

It did cross my mind to wonder who you might call if you were stuck in this situation and didn't have a friend with the means to rescue you?

Last edited by Efes123; Jun 10th 2016 at 10:52 am.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

mmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whi you gonna call?

Protezione civile or Guardia forestale
Old Jun 10th 2016, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmmmbuti
You might have drowned by the time they arrived.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 6:15 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmmmbuti
In France, you'd ring 112.
A google search found this link for Italy:
Italian Emergency Telephone Numbers
and the same Pan-European number is valid for the Carabineri who would transfer the call if the fire brigade and/or ambulance service is required.

Hope this is of general help!
Old Jun 11th 2016, 12:16 am
Account Closed

>>BE Guest001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recommend you print this page and put it in the drawer of your car

Numeri Utili
Old Jun 11th 2016, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ugo
I recommend you print this page and put it in the drawer of your car

Numeri Utili
Why is there a number for Guarda di Finanza? Is it when somebody refuses to give a receipt?
Old Jun 11th 2016, 4:33 am
Living the Dream

Efes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to all

Interesting replies. Looks like these two would be the most likely Protezione civile or Guardia forestale (cheers mmmmbuti).

Not sure whether the carabinieri would respond. I guess I was thinking of something similar to mountain rescue. If you're not in any real danger, just lost in effect would this make any difference?

@philat98 - these guys are scary, they're the ones who look into your accounts. A bit like the UKs HM Revenue, but with a lot more power. You really don't want to attract their attention.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Since last year there is a single emergency number in Italy - 112
Old Jun 11th 2016, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Efes123
Interesting replies. Looks like these two would be the most likely Protezione civile or Guardia forestale (cheers mmmmbuti).

Not sure whether the carabinieri would respond. I guess I was thinking of something similar to mountain rescue. If you're not in any real danger, just lost in effect would this make any difference?

@philat98 - these guys are scary, they're the ones who look into your accounts. A bit like the UKs HM Revenue, but with a lot more power. You really don't want to attract their attention.
Depends what you mean by 'respond'. As far as I understand, 112 is THE Emergency number (equivalent to the UK's 999). In fact you can use 112 throughout all the EU, including the UK (so far ).
Old Jun 11th 2016, 6:54 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

112 is the emergency number I taught my kids.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 7:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by philat98
Why is there a number for Guarda di Finanza? Is it when somebody refuses to give a receipt?
maybe someone can be found in the sea, in front of a smuggler's ship, or at 2 o'clock of the night, coming out of a Chinese home massage, you realize you have not received a receipt ..

but please, be careful not to type the 211 !!
you can come the carabinieri in reverse ...................

Last edited by >>BE Guest001; Jun 11th 2016 at 7:09 am.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Doesn't your Chinese masseuse give a receipt Ugo? They do in Terni.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by philat98
Doesn't your Chinese masseuse give a receipt Ugo? They do in Terni.
sorry i receive it from my cat
Old Jun 12th 2016, 5:07 am
Living the Dream

Would you ring an emergency number just for being lost? Unless I was in some danger, I don't think I'd ring the emergency number, but maybe that's just me