Where in Rome?

Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

unclejoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where in Rome?

We're coming to have a nose around the Rome in a couple of weeks to see where we'd like to live. Not searching for accommodation yet, but more areas which we'll wander about and see how they feel.

Don't know the city at all really, but looking for an area which is

a) safe
b) green(ish)
c) near a metro
d) with 2/3 bed flats for around 1,500 euro per month
e) near cafes/cake shops/bars

I'd appreciate any suggestions or recommendations from someone who knows.

Cheers!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mick_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where in Rome?

We live in San Paolo, on the 'border' with Garbatella. It's not the greenest area (though apart from the few biggish parks, I don't consider much of the city to be green in the way, say, London is).

However, it's a safe area that's full of a wide range of shops, bars, eateries etc and has a good food market. It's also close to two metro stations (San Paolo Basilica and Garbatella) and on decent bus routes. We like it very much and although we have to move out of this flat we're looking to stay in this area.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mick_P
We live in San Paolo, on the 'border' with Garbatella. It's not the greenest area (though apart from the few biggish parks, I don't consider much of the city to be green in the way, say, London is).

However, it's a safe area that's full of a wide range of shops, bars, eateries etc and has a good food market. It's also close to two metro stations (San Paolo Basilica and Garbatella) and on decent bus routes. We like it very much and although we have to move out of this flat we're looking to stay in this area.
Thanks Mick - I'll take a look.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Monteverde Vecchio is a lovely area and very green. There are two parks Villa Sciara and Villa Pamphili within the area. It is close enough to walk downtown and there are two train stations - Quattro Venti & Trastevere which are close by. Extremely safe.

Alternatively you could try the area EUR ..... Fermi, Palasport, Laurentina .... all green all on metro line B. Safe enough.

There's also the San Saba area - close to metro Circo Massimo - but a 3 bedroom for 1500€ would be pushing it.

You will never have a problem finding bars/cafes in either of the locations.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Ostia?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris120
Ostia?
Again, thanks for your suggestions; I'll take a look.