Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Views on Molise please.

Views on Molise please.

Old Jun 11th 2019, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

SimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Views on Molise please.

Property looks particularly cheap.

I'm sure there's a reason?
Old Jun 12th 2019, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Views on Molise please.

Did you not try Google?
From what I just read in a 60sec search, the plans to promote the area to tourists would have me running a mile, but everyone to his own.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

SimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Did you not try Google?
From what I just read in a 60sec search, the plans to promote the area to tourists would have me running a mile, but everyone to his own.
Awwww bless, thank you so much for the time and effort, very interesting, illuminating, and informative.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 11:03 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonTam
Awwww bless, thank you so much for the time and effort, very interesting, illuminating, and informative.
For a newcomer with quite a lot of questions and more than one open thread, you also seem to have a sense of British humour that we do like, but not when it comes across as if you are taking the piss out of my regular members that have stuck around for years, giving good advice to all, oftentimes with nary a thank you. They are still here giving out advice and their advice is from the ground up so to speak. Don't piss off my regulars, or myself. Best of luck.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

In my experience it’s a kind of ‘forgotten’ region that no one seems to visit or know where it is!
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
For a newcomer with quite a lot of questions and more than one open thread, you also seem to have a sense of British humour that we do like, but not when it comes across as if you are taking the piss out of my regular members that have stuck around for years, giving good advice to all, oftentimes with nary a thank you. They are still here giving out advice and their advice is from the ground up so to speak. Don't piss off my regulars, or myself. Best of luck.
Hello Lorna, OK fair enough, to be honest at the time of writing I thought I was perhaps overstepping the mark with the number of questions I'd asked!

Best behaviour from now on, promise. xx
Old Jun 14th 2019, 5:28 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Lorna, OK fair enough, to be honest at the time of writing I thought I was perhaps overstepping the mark with the number of questions I'd asked!

Best behaviour from now on, promise. xx
Hello again. To be honest, it wasn't the number of questions. It was the slightly overdone sarcasm that grated on my nerves a little. Without wanting to sound like a Landlady from Eastenders, I did feel like shouting, "get outta my pub!" We don't mind questions. We like humour and indeed sarcasm and we can all take a joke and banter, but from a newbie that doesn't know us "regulars" yet and how far we can be pushed, you were pushing it a little. Now that you are getting to know us and now that you know I am a formidable Landlady, I hope you stick around and join in more. I appreciate your answer and your promise to behave
Old Jun 14th 2019, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Today's Times property supplement has a section on the Marche region which may be of interest to you. It's generally a nice part of Italy, greener than further south.
I assume you've checked which areas are prone to earthquakes.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Plan B
Today's Times property supplement has a section on the Marche region which may be of interest to you. It's generally a nice part of Italy, greener than further south.
I assume you've checked which areas are prone to earthquakes.
Aren't we all prone to them now? Some regions more than others obviously, but we've had quite a few this far up North as well ... so many that schools are being worked on to make them anti-sismic or whatever the correct wording is. Scaffolding is all over some schools as they get rectified.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hello again. To be honest, it wasn't the number of questions. It was the slightly overdone sarcasm that grated on my nerves a little. Without wanting to sound like a Landlady from Eastenders, I did feel like shouting, "get outta my pub!" We don't mind questions. We like humour and indeed sarcasm and we can all take a joke and banter, but from a newbie that doesn't know us "regulars" yet and how far we can be pushed, you were pushing it a little. Now that you are getting to know us and now that you know I am a formidable Landlady, I hope you stick around and join in more. I appreciate your answer and your promise to behave
Can't agree more, my reaction to such is to simply not answer any further posts. I suspect many others do the same, so you end up getting little information. I do like the response to Lorna, perhaps a new start....

Old Jun 14th 2019, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Can't agree more, my reaction to such is to simply not answer any further posts. I suspect many others do the same, so you end up getting little information. I do like the response to Lorna, perhaps a new start....
My personal reaction to many a post would be .... "get ****ed" but because I am the moderator, I am learning to modify my language - to newbies at least. You lot know me a little and know that I am by no means perfect. I would be sorry if the regulars all stopped posting, but I too appreciated his answer. A big man says something. Stupid, teens still have to learn.
Old Jun 15th 2019, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
definitely especially the new ones who don't know anything but act like they know it all when given advice they don't like , it is then a matter of wait and see ending it in tears

Last edited by clint; Jun 15th 2019 at 9:12 am.
Old Jun 15th 2019, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

So Molise. A lot depends on who you are, what you intend to do there and how you live. If you intend to travel back to where you come from originally or have people visit and you will be picking them up. Then the lack of an airport nearby is one factor. Basically from my point of view it is an isolated area and I suspect not one many Italians would want to live in either, hence the price of houses. Others have mentioned earthquakes, but there are other factors to consider (quakes happen all over Italy), such as the infrastructure i.e. roads water shortages, both of which can be impacted by another factor – landslides. For us 45 minutes from the local airport is a chore and was enough to narrow down our house search and rule out the likes of Molise. Two years back we were coming back to the UK for Christmas, fortunately well before as we could not get out of the house that week because of drifts of up to 2m of snow. Pick any house you see on-line and use google street view to tour around the area, look at the state of the roads and how high up the place is located or that you would have to pass through to get anywhere.
One last thing, we bought in 2010 after a 2 year search, places we looked at originally (and one or two buying) are still on the market today at the same price as then!
Old Jun 16th 2019, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Property looks particularly cheap.

I'm sure there's a reason?
For what it's worth, Molise (Isernia), esp. the valley down from the border with the Abruzzo National Park through Telegrafo and Pizzone to Castel San Vincenzo, is one of my two favourite parts of Italy. That's because the people are so kind. Not having asked, I don't know anything about house prices. If they're low it may because of a) the distance from and relative difficulty - snow in winter, lack of big motorways... - of getting to any big town, airport, beach, industry, major university, etc, b) there aren't all that many people, and b) that the area is particularly seismically active. You'll see containers in many people's gardens, provided by the government as temporary housing after the earthquake of 1980-something and not, so far, given back. A few years ago I saw in a report that it was the area with the lowest crime rate in Italy.
Old Jun 17th 2019, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

The 'clean hands' sweeper Di Pietro comes from Campobasso.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.