Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Vet in Gallicano (Tuscany) area?

Vet in Gallicano (Tuscany) area?

Old Sep 15th 2018, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

MartyHursty is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Vet in Gallicano (Tuscany) area?

Hi all,
I'm driving to Tuscany in a few weeks time to house hunt in the hills north of Lucca. I flew over last week to view a few properties but need to explore more and hope to base myself in the Gallicano area for a week.
I'm bringing my two dogs and understand they have to be wormed before we head back to the UK. And probably wise to have a vet contact there anyway. Can anyone recommend a practice in the area that speaks English?
Also, any reasonable (cheap) dog friendly B&Bs/hotels? We don't need any frills as long as they have WiFi.
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Best wishes
Martin (and the dawgs)
Old Sep 15th 2018, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vet in Gallicano (Tuscany) area?

Paolo Stefani at Ponte All'Ania is excellent. About 5 miles from Gallicano on the other side of the river Serchio.No appointments; but surgery open every afternoon and Monday morning too.
Can't help with Band B I'm afraid
Old Sep 15th 2018, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

That's brilliant heritagestanley. Really appreciate the tip and will look them up when I head over in a few weeks time.
Best wishes
Martin
Old Sep 17th 2018, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

Actually forgotten about a B and B I can recommend: run by friends.You can give them a ring on 07481 837545. They're also on AirBnB
Old Sep 17th 2018, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, once again. Can you tell me where your friends place is? Was aiming for Gallicano but now I know the area a little, it's not essential.
Best
Martin
Old Sep 18th 2018, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Off the back road between Barga and Coreglia. I'm sure you'll want to look around both sides of the river i.e. the Apennine (Barga) side as well as the Apuan (Gallicano) side. Good luck anyway!
Old Sep 18th 2018, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Sounds great and yes, I will want to explore as much as possible. I'll start arranging viewings nearer the time but have seen a couple of properties that sound great near Molazzana. Where abouts are you if you don't mind me asking?
I'll put a seperate thread up for anyone in the area but if you need anything bringing over, I'll have some space in my van. I live near Brighton/Worthing by the way.
Cheers
Martin
Old Sep 18th 2018, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

I've sent you a PM