Vaccination

Old Feb 18th 2021, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
The UK government is a disaster regards Covid, but on the vaccine I think they got it spot on and the EU got it totally wrong! I've just been told there is talk of not going ahead with the second jab at all here in the UK, now that might be another big mistake, but who knows what variants are around the corner?
Where was that info.I've got my 1st jab tomorrow and the 2nd booked for May 9th.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian12
Where was that info.I've got my 1st jab tomorrow and the 2nd booked for May 9th.
I've not seen any such thing in the media, just someone local saying such, she is on covid front-line. We too have jabs today and the second booked for the 10th May, but nothing would surprise me.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Italy's vaccine rollout looks to be getting a boost with Draghi's new plan for 300k volunteers to give the injections.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Are those of you getting jabs in the UK then and not Italian residents? The only Italians I know who have had jabs are doctors and pharmacists (but not pharmacy assistants!). I agree Phil that Draghi's new plan gives us a ray of hope. The EU unlike the UK seems to have completely underestimated or not even thought about the logistic problems of vaccinating millions of people and left manufacturing up to companies. The UK for instance have paid for Valneva to construct a brand new vaccine plant in Scotland. What is really annoying me is the overtly political criticism of the AZ vaccine and of course the more controversial but imaginative idea in the UK to just give a first dose to a maximum of people. In Italy they are only going to use the AZ vaccine for teachers under the age of 55. Older teachers will have to wait. What is the logic of that??
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the UK , for good the way it looks at the moment! When you think of the amount they know now compared to the start of C19, I'm sure they will learn a lot more. In some ways the maths indicate it makes sense to go for more single jabs, but it is also based on a relatively unknown true efficacy . This and the need to possibly give further jabs for variant's in autumn makes it hard to say which is right or wrong. Certainly the EU got their vaccine ordering wrong, but perhaps it's just a price to pay for unity. Trouble is that is is a very high price with covid.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
I've not seen any such thing in the media, just someone local saying such, she is on covid front-line. We too have jabs today and the second booked for the 10th May, but nothing would surprise me.
No worries,you hear all sorts of rumours.Our rollout is going greatguns and the 3 month gap has proved to be ok.Good luck,Brian.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nicktonight
Are those of you getting jabs in the UK then and not Italian residents? The only Italians I know who have had jabs are doctors and pharmacists (but not pharmacy assistants!). I agree Phil that Draghi's new plan gives us a ray of hope. The EU unlike the UK seems to have completely underestimated or not even thought about the logistic problems of vaccinating millions of people and left manufacturing up to companies. The UK for instance have paid for Valneva to construct a brand new vaccine plant in Scotland. What is really annoying me is the overtly political criticism of the AZ vaccine and of course the more controversial but imaginative idea in the UK to just give a first dose to a maximum of people. In Italy they are only going to use the AZ vaccine for teachers under the age of 55. Older teachers will have to wait. What is the logic of that??
Hi,no we are not resident,just holiday home owners.We drove back to UK early Dec and will drive back after our 2nd jab for 10 weeks.We have a cruise from Barcelona in Oct so have to save up the other 2 weeks,lol.Cheers,Brian.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian12
Hi,no we are not resident,just holiday home owners.We drove back to UK early Dec and will drive back after our 2nd jab for 10 weeks.We have a cruise from Barcelona in Oct so have to save up the other 2 weeks,lol.Cheers,Brian.
Do you have to prove you have been vaccinated to go on the cruise?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:56 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Are those of you getting jabs in the UK then and not Italian residents? The only Italians I know who have had jabs are doctors and pharmacists (but not pharmacy assistants!). I agree Phil that Draghi's new plan gives us a ray of hope. The EU unlike the UK seems to have completely underestimated or not even thought about the logistic problems of vaccinating millions of people and left manufacturing up to companies. The UK for instance have paid for Valneva to construct a brand new vaccine plant in Scotland. What is really annoying me is the overtly political criticism of the AZ vaccine and of course the more controversial but imaginative idea in the UK to just give a first dose to a maximum of people. In Italy they are only going to use the AZ vaccine for teachers under the age of 55. Older teachers will have to wait. What is the logic of that?
I don't know where you are, but here in Verona and probably the rest of Veneto they are vaccinating over 80's at the moment along with police and teachers etc.

The 55 yr age limit for AstraZeneca has been moved to 65. Anyone older does not wait. They receive the Pfizer vaccine or the Moderna when authorised ( if it isn't already, I've lost track.)
Old Feb 18th 2021, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philat98
Do you have to prove you have been vaccinated to go on the cruise?
Hi,I belong to another forum called cruise critic.1 or 2 lines are thinking about vaccine passports,but it's all being debated at the moment.We are sailing MSC,don,t know their policy at the moment.Cheers,Brian.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect the criticism of the AZ vaccine is probably more down to the lobbies than the science. The AZ vaccine costs 3 euros a dose as opposed to between 30 and 40 for the others. The J&J one will cost 10 a dose, so its obvious that Pfizer and friends will do all they can to discredit the cheaper version.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100

The 55 yr age limit for AstraZeneca has been moved to 65.
Good news. Was this due to new scientific evidence or the Repubblica article pointing out that 40% of teachers are older than 55?
https://www.repubblica.it/scuola/202...eca-287787519/
Old Feb 19th 2021, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by modicasa
I suspect the criticism of the AZ vaccine is probably more down to the lobbies than the science. The AZ vaccine costs 3 euros a dose as opposed to between 30 and 40 for the others. The J&J one will cost 10 a dose, so its obvious that Pfizer and friends will do all they can to discredit the cheaper version.
I didnt realise there was such a price difference. In Umbria there a few towns with very high numbers of infections. You might think they would get on and vaccinate all the residents at risk with the AZ.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Just had my AZ jab.Arrived 50 mins early but they squeezed me in,5 mins the whole process.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 11:32 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news. Was this due to new scientific evidence or the Repubblica article pointing out that 40% of teachers are older than 55?
https://www.repubblica.it/scuola/202...eca-287787519/
I think that it has more to do with bringing the age limitation in line with other states. There was also talk of move the second does to later, but that has met a lot of resistance from medical experts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.