Reload this Page >

URGENT ADVICE - Self Employment and tax in Italy

URGENT ADVICE - Self Employment and tax in Italy

Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

jesshayes31011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT ADVICE - Self Employment and tax in Italy

Hi,

I live in Italy and have residency - Codice Fisicale etc. However, I am potentially going to get a job that would mean I am self-employed. How does tax work!? I have read about IRAP designed for the self-employed and that the rate is max 5.5% - can someone advise. I have a fixed annual income but will need to declare it. Before I accept the job I need to work out what percentage of income I will need to pay... I don't have an accountant and don't really know where to start.

Thanks so much!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:10 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT ADVICE - Self Employment and tax in Italy

Originally Posted by jesshayes31011
Hi,

I live in Italy and have residency - Codice Fisicale etc. However, I am potentially going to get a job that would mean I am self-employed. How does tax work!? I have read about IRAP designed for the self-employed and that the rate is max 5.5% - can someone advise. I have a fixed annual income but will need to declare it. Before I accept the job I need to work out what percentage of income I will need to pay... I don't have an accountant and don't really know where to start.

Thanks so much!
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Honestly - the best advice anybody can give you is to get an accountant. You're probably going to need one anyway whether you are self employed or not.

Taxes are one of the most complicated and ever changing things in this country and you might need your own Partita IVA as well.

Your local CGIL office might have a help desk or the camera di commercio.