Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Unhappy with our Italian Estate Agents

Unhappy with our Italian Estate Agents

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold
Default Unhappy with our Italian Estate Agents

What
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:15 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unhappy with our Italian Estate Agents

Is there a question somwehere in there Pat or is it an exclamation?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PAT M
What
Brief and enigmatic. I like it.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
Brief and enigmatic. I like it.
What?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Serrano
What?
Yes.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Dealing with Italian estate agents or any Italian office normally leaves one lost for words
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 11:51 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

So what's the explanation for getting clients lost for words in an Italian office because of employees?
- low intelectual level?
- they're unionised and after they're hired it's all a dolce far niente?

I remember sometime in early 2000 I got into a bank in Rome to exchange some currency and the lady behind the counter was smoking sitting in her chair and drinking coffee. She took about 3-4 minutes after the client in front of me to call me. She did not do anything special during the short break. And she was not a govern employee.

You know, it's somewhat similar in Canda with public sector.
Heavy unionised, sit back jobs, slow pace... the only exception: they deliver what's needed and if they don't know something they escalate.

Last edited by labus; Sep 22nd 2010 at 12:52 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by labus
So what's the explanation?
- low intelectual level
- they're unionised and after they're hired it's all a dolce far niente?
just dealt with one recently. my theory ? they belong to the "take the money and run" category.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

with this rate probably at 8:00am it's one guy, an hour later the whole staff is replaced.

And also the employees seem to run very fast. Any smell of smoking rubber in the offices?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Sorry my friends, I was called away before I could continue, profuse apologies to all. Actually though I was fuming and quite speechless so you got that right. We are unhappy with our estate agents as they valued our property at a certain price and subsequently convinced us to reduce by 15k.to attract a buyer and we agreed. That was two months ago, we were asked to go in for an aggiornamento yesterday, basically they are blaming one of their agents who no longer works for them (how convenient) for overvaluing the house in the first place, we pointed out what we paid for it plus monies spent on remodernising. "You paid too much for it when you bought it, and buyers aren't interested in embellishments that you have made". Tell me how much the house is worth in your opinion - "I don't know". In walks one of the agents who valued the house with his now ex-colleague, "I don't remember". She went on to rubbish the house in every way, I suggested to her not to be so negative with possible viewers. "I cannot get people to come along to see it at that price". We stuck at our asking price and asked her to let us know of any offers. We politely told them that we will send a disdetta/cancellation by registered post (raccomandata A.R)15 days before the contract with them expires (otherwise it will automatically be renewed). My rant is with their unprofessionalism - I know a house will sell if it's a bargain so why should we pay them a fat fee when we can sell at a loss ourselves. It is just a business transaction I know, but it is hard not to take it personally. I suspect one of their clients wants the house but at a stupid price, she is only interested in making a quick buck. Rant over. Thanks for reading and any comments are welcome.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:13 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you're about to be kicked into the poor house Pat, stick to your guns for a while longer and get that raccomandata written. Find another agent - or even more than one and try and sell privately at the same time.
Don't let their bullshitting and negativity get you down.
Best of luck.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Unless you're about to be kicked into the poor house Pat, stick to your guns for a while longer and get that raccomandata written. Find another agent - or even more than one and try and sell privately at the same time.
Don't let their bullshitting and negativity get you down.
Best of luck.
Yup I agree. Don't drop the price find someone else. PS good luck
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Lorna, this forum is great for letting off steam.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Aren't they paid commision as a % of the transaction? If yes, they are interested in getting the house sold at the highest price. There are some cases when they have a friend that is looking for a cheap house, but how many friends would he take and lose revenue on them?

It depends on how quickly you want to sell it, are you pressed by time?
If not, it's either wait longer with them without dropping the price or try with other real estate agency.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.