Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

UK Nintendo Wii/Italian TV set

UK Nintendo Wii/Italian TV set

Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

misssparkly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Nintendo Wii/Italian TV set

I am hoping to take my UK Wii to Italy (as its only a few months old ) but I have been asked to check by my technical expert... what does Italian TV transmit in? For instance, the UK sets are in PAL.

I hope this question makes sense because I am slightly clueless over this matter. Please let me know if my wii is compatible with Italain TV set.

Thank you.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:17 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Nintendo Wii/Italian TV set

Italy is PAL so you should have no problems.

We have another member here and I'm pretty sure she got her Wii in the UK and it's working here.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Excellent thanks
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:19 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it does! My tv is from the UK too and works perfectly, but an Italian tv will be fine as our Xbox is from here and attached to the UK tv, so no problems!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

We use the Wii here as well.

I bought my Wii Console in the UK and then bought a Wii FitBoard in Italy to go with it and they both work when connected to our Italian TV without any fiddling about.

Mind you the biggest problem we've got with the Wii is not the connections because everything works together fine but the fact that it it's now summer and too hot to use it!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh I never considered the hot weather and physical activities! But I need to keep fit somehow when I begin to enjoy all the yummy pasta, pizza and bread

Thanks everyone, another tick off the worry list hehe
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

katu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nice

Just to completely set your worries aside, we bought our Wii in Italy and plugged it into an Italian TV, then we moved back and plugged the whole lot into the UK without any bother. We have since upgraded to a better TV (UK) and added a Wii fit board and all the rock stuff from the UK without any problem . Actually the only problem we have is an Italian version of The Goblet of Fire which is only in Italian which we have got completely stuck on??
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:22 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you could pick the language it was in? We've bought a couple of games here including Active and they are all in English despite what it said on the box. I actually assumed the wii automatically read the discs in the language you initially set it up in. Or are you playing an old cube game?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

katu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nice

I thought the same...however the only language this game doesn't run in is English. Annoying, because it must have been translated from the original recording in English in the first place!! It is a very verbal/chatty game too, so your Italian needs to be pretty good to follow the clues.....
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

forgot to add, it is not an old cube game, just a Wii one.

katu.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:45 am
The Original Red Head!

Sounds like you were just really unlucky! My son buys games from here and Spain and even when it says all in italian/Spanish they never have been only the instructions. Actually I think halo3 that came with his xbox360 that i got here is all Italian but he knows the other halos so well it didn't matter! Have you tried a cheats site or tips site on the web for where you are up to? Some of them provide complete scripts with everything you need!