Trenitalia

Old May 21st 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trenitalia

Am trying to book train tickets to Paris for the beginning of July, which is only about 6 weeks away !....and am being told by trenitalia that no-one can book any international trains until about 13 June, due to the fact they dont have their summer timetable yet

They are so frustrating. Have tried my local train station, the main Turin station and an independent travel agent and they all (with much regret ) tell me the same story! What a joke.
Doesnt matter that I have to book a hotel and boat as well - I'll probably have to swim home
Old May 22nd 2010, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trenitalia

Patty, same here, I booked a holiday in February in Calabria and wanted to book a train to put the car on as we did not fancy 7hrs driving. I was told that they did not have the summer timetable yet, to which I said that in the UK the travel agents sell hols in January and have all the info then.
I went yesterday and they did have the timetable. Still the price was a joke, we can get plane tickets for less money.

I was told that usually you can book a month in advance, so maybe in 2 wks time you can do the booking.

Regards

Isakat
Old May 22nd 2010, 10:36 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

When I saw the thread title I thought it said Genitalia. Just thought you might want to know.

However I know nothing of Italian trains so am unable to make any further contribution.
Old May 22nd 2010, 12:02 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried doing it through the SNCF site. Lots of people here (Verona) use the Austrian trains. They aren't advised by FS. They're cheaper too.
Old May 22nd 2010, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

lilibet will become famous soon enoughlilibet will become famous soon enough

I think I used the SNCF site a few years ago and booked tickets from Italy to Paris (overnight from Venice). The only thing was I had to give them an English address for the tickets to be sent to and if I remember well they were a bit on the slow side.
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your replies. I tried to use SNCF last year (as some of you may remember) but it was so difficult. WIll just have to wait for trenitalia to get their arse into gear and hope the prices aren't too astronomical ! Am hoping (maybe too optimistically) that there will be some special offer seats available. Oh well - I suppose I should know better by now
Old May 22nd 2010, 8:25 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
When I saw the thread title I thought it said Genitalia. Just thought you might want to know.

However I know nothing of Italian trains so am unable to make any further contribution.
Nice of you to drop in.
Hope you weren't disappointed
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:31 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

If you can connect to the riviera express that runs from Genoa to Nice that runs all year around and I don't think the times change...But I guess they still have to say it is a schedule change....