travel chaos!

Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future
Default travel chaos!

i know some of you are coming to u.k for xmas. there have been a lot of problems with snow and ice here. worst one seems to be the complete breakdown of the eurostar trains!!
4 of the trains broke down in the tunnel from france on friday, stranding 2000 people IN the tunnel then on sat another 1 broke down in kent.
sunday and today the eurostar has been shut down and they are trying out new 'SNOW DEFLECTORS' to stop the snow entering the engine compartment and screwing up the electrics. they hope to have the service back working before xmas but definately cannot get everyone where they want to go!
no doubt this will have a knock on effect at the airports, which are themselves having to close the runways (only for an hour or so but that must be causing delays) in certain areas to clear the snow and ice!
add to that calais was closed on friday too but nothing on the news about that since? so i assume its ok?
just heard that roads in aberdeen are very bad and lots closed.
major delays in bristol, manchester heathrow, gatwick and aberdeen airports
i really hope that everyone does get here ok as it sounds like a typical u.k farce.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice
Default Re: travel chaos!

I am going into LHR tomorrow which looks OK so far.
BTW does your name give an indication to your preffered mode of transport?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 1:18 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Must be a shitload of people going to Bristol and Aberdeen airports
Old Dec 21st 2009, 3:52 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Verona airport closed today due to snow that's been falling since noon.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

update on weather travel in u.k.
gatwack, luton and city(london) airports have suspended ALL flights in and out tonight.
as you say heathrow is delayed but ok at the mo!
eurostar are running a limited service tuesday
we are due some snow in SE england tonight but tomorrow morn it will freeze so roads are going to be lethal.
there were over 70 road accidents in slough area at rush hour,
mainly because everyone drives like normal on ice
Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris120
BTW does your name give an indication to your preffered mode of transport?
it most certainly does
i have a giant wasp tethered outside which flies me wherever i want in exchange for a pot of honey
But seriously, up until june i had a honda hornet 600
in june some s.m.i.d.s.y pulled out of a lane into my path and i promptly learned to fly
been off work since then and waiting for another op in jan to graft some bone into my wrist which was mashed
Old Dec 21st 2009, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice

I used to live at stoke poges near slough for a while.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pansy
I used to live at stoke poges near slough for a while.
we nearly moved to stoke poges when we wanted to exchange our housing association house from cornwall.
instead we swapped with a woman in old windsor.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Keep your fingers crossed for me today please and Lorna as I think she travels today too!! All flights to Gatwick were cancelled last night, we then had a coule of inches of snow here in Torino, but the planes are flying out of here this morning....just got to hope that they get Gatwick open so that our plane can fly out and back in again.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:52 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
Keep your fingers crossed for me today please and Lorna as I think she travels today too!! All flights to Gatwick were cancelled last night, we then had a coule of inches of snow here in Torino, but the planes are flying out of here this morning....just got to hope that they get Gatwick open so that our plane can fly out and back in again.
Gatwick is up and running again Indie. Manchester is fighting the back log of delayed and cancelled lights from yesterday and East Midlands where I'm going doesn't seem to have any problems.

Thank £@!/ it is raining here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was worrying yesterday as it snowed like mad here all evening and it was still snowing when I went to bed. I thought we were going to get stuck in Venice and I would seriously have cried and cried.

Anyway - the snow plough has been round here again and it's raining now so melting some of the snow. OH has just taken the neighbour's kid to school to see what the roads are like. The motorway will be ok though and our flight is not until 4pm anyway so the roads will be all clear by then.

YES !!!!!!! We can get to Venice and get home for Christmas.

I can pack the cases now. I have all the stuff ready - I just didn't pack them last night.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE XXX
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Originally Posted by davehornet6
it most certainly does
i have a giant wasp tethered outside which flies me wherever i want in exchange for a pot of honey
But seriously, up until june i had a honda hornet 600
Me too Hornet 600 - my ride to work racer. Also got a '66 T120 for Sundays
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Gatwick is up and running again Indie. Manchester is fighting the back log of delayed and cancelled lights from yesterday and East Midlands where I'm going doesn't seem to have any problems.

Thank £@!/ it is raining here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was worrying yesterday as it snowed like mad here all evening and it was still snowing when I went to bed. I thought we were going to get stuck in Venice and I would seriously have cried and cried.

Anyway - the snow plough has been round here again and it's raining now so melting some of the snow. OH has just taken the neighbour's kid to school to see what the roads are like. The motorway will be ok though and our flight is not until 4pm anyway so the roads will be all clear by then.

YES !!!!!!! We can get to Venice and get home for Christmas.

I can pack the cases now. I have all the stuff ready - I just didn't pack them last night.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE XXX
I have a good feeling Lorna!! Must admit that we packed last night anyway, Jamie gone to work, I just want to get the beds changed now and I need to go to the post office to pay a couple of bills and we are set I think.

Merry Christmasxxxxxx
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:58 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
I have a good feeling Lorna!! Must admit that we packed last night anyway, Jamie gone to work, I just want to get the beds changed now and I need to go to the post office to pay a couple of bills and we are set I think.

Merry Christmasxxxxxx
Keep that good feeling !

Have a brill time Indie.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:00 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas - have a great one!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by duffer
Merry Christmas - have a great one!
You too Duffer xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.