Wikiposts

Traffic Violation and house tax

Old Oct 23rd 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

caroltee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Traffic Violation and house tax

Live part of the year in Sardinia and part UK, received a fine from Naples
for traffic offence, the No plate was mine and the car was a blue fiat bravo,
my car is a kia picanto colour rustic and ive never been to Naples, i had to prove where i was at the time of this offence despite the fact that the Naples police were told by the local police that this was not my car, the paperwork involved was horendous, but ended well with no fine.:thumbsup
Bought house 2 years ago and ive got residency but not TOH, she has received a tax demand for 1200 euros relating to house purchase and i am thinking that this is because she isnt a resident which we will sort in the next 2 weeks, what i cant understand is that we are joint owners and they are charging the full percentage. meeting solicitor in2 weeks so will post outcome:
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic Violation and house tax

Originally Posted by caroltee
my car is a kia picanto colour rustic and ive never been to Naples, i had to prove where i was at the time of this offence despite the fact that the Naples police were told by the local police that this was not my car, the paperwork involved was horendous, but ended well with no fine.:thumbsup
Bought house 2 years ago and ive got residency but not TOH, she has received a tax demand for 1200 euros relating to house purchase and i am thinking that this is because she isnt a resident which we will sort in the next 2 weeks, what i cant understand is that we are joint owners and they are charging the full percentage. meeting solicitor in2 weeks so will post outcome:
Rather than pay a solicitor, go to your comune and ask them what the 1200 euro relates to-could it be house tax that you pay yearly as an owner, IMU?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

This tax bill came direct from tax/vat authorities and not the town hall, but point taken and will go there first.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

House tax was abolished about 3 years ago, when it was in force it was approx 130 euros per year
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:01 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

We received a similar fine from Milan a couple of months ago. Same number plate, different make of car. All it took to sort out was a fax with a copy of our log book.

Did you pay residents tax when you bought the house? If so, you and your partner needed to take up residency within 18mnths.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

To be honest i dont know if i paid or not, i gave a friend power of attorney
to purchase the house on our behalf and pay the seller and solicitor. i have residency my wife does not. The residency tax you refer to, is this the italian version of british council tax, if so we dont pay this.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds more like it is the AdE folloing up on your purchase. If you both purchased as residents, and took advantage of the 3% rate, and then your OH didnt take up residence, you must pay back 50% of the tax gain on the purchase, plus 30% sanction. The AdE routinely checks up now. You must pay it, if that is the case. No point going to solicitors.
Re your 'council tax' your OH is liable for her share of the IMU at 50% and there is no deduction - so she will pay something. If you are resident you have 200 euros off for your resident exemption so may pay nothing.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

SirTK is on a distinguished road

But surely, if €1200 constitutes 7% of (half of) the purchase price, then your total purchase price would have been just over €31,000. If that's not what you paid, then it clearly isn't that tax.

In fact, if it also includes a sanction of 30% it would mean your tax is only €923 plus a sanction of €277.

Thus your purchase price, or at least the cadastral value, would be €26,370.

I'm guessing it's not that tax - either that or it's good value round your way!

The residency tax you refer to, is this the italian version of british council tax, if so we dont pay this.

Oh yes you do.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Tis is what is on the bill.
Imposta di registro e interessi 633.01
Imposta ipotecaria " " 316.50
" catastale " " 157,71
" sanzione pecun imp registro ridotta ad un terzo 101.80 Entr event ag delle entrate 5.16
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - your OH who is not resident is being asked to pay the tax incentives he got when you bought. You get 50% of the incentives each, one of you took residence within 18 months, the other not - so you must pay it back plus the fine. Dont bother with a solicitor, just pay it.
The taxes are calculated on the rateable value not on the purchase price - and have minimums or not depending on the agevolazione. If the OP paid 3% instead of 10% - they saved 7%, of which 50% at the non residents door. There is to pay 50% of the 7% saved - plus the sanction.
In your act of sale it will state whether you or both of you took the agevolazione. The AdE now routinely catch up on acts of sale. If you realise that you will not be able to take up residency within the allotted time frame, its better to go tell the AdE and pay the difference before the 18 months is up.

Last edited by modicasa; Oct 24th 2012 at 12:00 am.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for making this clear to me, just have to dig deep and pay up, no
more pocket money for other half for the next year.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Just back from Sardinia E1220 poorer having paid it to tax man due to OH being non resident, on the subject of IMU if we are both residents we dont pay, my OH will get residency in February so we may have to pay 50%, this information came direct from the mayor
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from Sardinia E1220 poorer having paid it to tax man due to OH being non resident, on the subject of IMU if we are both residents we dont pay, my OH will get residency in February so we may have to pay 50%, this information came direct from the mayor

Sorry to be nosey, but why are you exempt from paying IMU? IMU is a property tax, if you are residents, you do pay and if you have a second property where you are not resident, you still pay, but at a lower rate.
Unless the mayor is a good friend of yours......
Old Nov 21st 2012, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

SirTK is on a distinguished road

this information came direct from the mayor

Unfortunately, you don't really have to know anything about tax to become mayor.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

I dont understand the politics behind not paying IMU, but i have spoken to loads of other residents in the village and they dont pay IMU either, when i go back in February i will dig a little deeper and come up with a concrete answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.