Torino

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough
Default Torino

We are off to Torino for a few days next week. I'm fine for touristy things to do but can someone give some ideas of things to do in the children's "play" time. Playgounds etc. Also can anyone recommend a good eaterie. We are staying in an agroturismo (sp) near Bussolino - east of Torino

Ta
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Torino

Hi, I live near Torino but not in. Don't know Bussolino. Check out Parco Valentino along the river Po for kids play ground and a good place to have a wander along the river. The old medieval part is really lovely too if you are a family like us who enjoy a wander. I need to have a think. My mind has gone blank... not sure about eating. I live north of the city and we tend to eat in local places to here or up in the mountains...
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Torino

Same here - I live a bit further out than Indie so I'm not much help
But if you go right into the centre then Piazza San Carlo is lovely and totally pedestrian so the kids can run to their hearts delight !! Apart from the usual touristy things you could try also going up to Superga - a beautiful cathedral on top of one of the hills - you can (I think) go up by funicular which departs form Piazza Modena. The kids should enjoy that.
Someone also told me to visit a museum (quite child friendly) called InfiniTO ....its an astronomy/planetarium/space museum.
The medieval place on the river Po is really nice - children usually enjoy seeing that. (not real but reproduction but still very nice) They love the shops too which sell all sorts of dragons and swords etc
The 'Cinema Museum' is great too - its in the most famous Turin landmark the Mole Antonelliana (very central) - you can go right to the top in a glass lift - if its a clear day its wonderful.