British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   TOP UK MISSED PRODUCTS -what do you stock up on? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/top-uk-missed-products-what-do-you-stock-up-529440/)

duffer Mar 18th 2009 2:19 pm

Re: TOP UK MISSED PRODUCTS -what do you stock up on?

B&J use double cream man and just chuck in lots of goodies. You cannot get more technical than that! But if you like yoghurt and liquorice flavours then yeah go for the artigianale stuff. And everywhere does the Kinder flavour...

TestaRossa Mar 18th 2009 5:01 pm

And Bacio. We get After Eight as well locally, which I find amusing for some reason!

genzana Mar 18th 2009 9:24 pm

NOTHING beats Italian pistacchio icecream! :thumbsup:

Has anyone been to the gelateria in San Valentino Citeriore (or something like that) off the Rome-Pescara road? It has won best gelato in Italy several times I think, and is amazing!

sharonsmu Mar 19th 2009 7:00 pm

Hello,

If you google expat food, there is a good website that can get you almost anything british, ....... at a price though!:D

TestaRossa Mar 19th 2009 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by sharonsmu (Post 7398758)
Hello,

If you google expat food, there is a good website that can get you almost anything british, ....... at a price though!:D

Some are better than others too, from all accounts. I've only used British Corner Shop and it was good and reliable, but like you say, expensive. I think the hunt is almost better than the chase, as they say, it feels quite good to track down something you thought you couldn't get, but once you've tried it again, with a few exceptions, it's never quite a good as you remember it!

Exception - Branston Pickle, everything and more that I remembered!! Looking forward to my Crunchies though.......:thumbup:

MarkRD Apr 14th 2009 1:45 pm

Branston pickle - if only for being able to say 'bring out the Branston!' in football chant style at the dinner table.:p

Other than that I've pretty much adapted to everything. Teabags for visiting Englishe peoples.

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 14th 2009 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by MarkRD (Post 7479068)
Branston pickle - if only for being able to say 'bring out the Branston!' in football chant style at the dinner table.:p

Other than that I've pretty much adapted to everything. Teabags for visiting Englishe peoples.

Bet you don't also sing,

"for mash get Smash" :rofl:

MarkRD Apr 14th 2009 1:54 pm

:thumbsup: I'll try it next time the puré is out!