British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Told Off!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/told-off-632980/)

Gio Sep 28th 2009 2:21 pm

Told Off!!!!

Told off recently and removed from another forum for using my user name at the bottom of my posts. Fair or not fair???
I must admit to applying my name as if I'm writing a letter. Does it bother anyone here? I was a little miffed so in my last post before being removed I made my name larger.
Ernesto

TestaRossa Sep 28th 2009 2:48 pm

Re: Told Off!!!!

Wahh?!! Sounds crazy to me! Should be up to you what you do! What sort of forum was it and I can go and annoy them some more!:thumbup:

indiebird Sep 28th 2009 2:50 pm

yeah where is it Ernesto, I could do with aggravating some more petty people!

TestaRossa Sep 28th 2009 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by indiebird (Post 7971696)
aggravating some more petty people!

Pardon?! :sneaky:

:rofl::rofl:

indiebird Sep 28th 2009 2:54 pm

oh sorry TR!! Didn't mean here!!! This is one of the really good forums. I have been members of petty ones and I just meant people in general rather than a forum!! :o:o:rofl::rofl:

indiebird Sep 28th 2009 2:55 pm

by the way does that mean I aggravate you lot!!?? :frown::p:rofl:

TestaRossa Sep 28th 2009 3:00 pm

:rofl::rofl:!

Sounds like you missed your vocation in life - you should have been a journalist!:thumbsup:

Lorna at Vicenza Sep 28th 2009 5:20 pm

Sounds very excessive to ask you to leave or remove you from the forum.

Did you get any warnings that other members had complained they didn't like your posting style.

Bunch of sissies !

toms Sep 28th 2009 5:28 pm

Its always funny with small forums, usually they will be full of moderators who know each other, quite often friends and who will make up rules as they go along, this will lead to things like that. Let them carry on doing it I say, unless you have a fair system with very little bias the forum will not grow.

Let them wallow in their **** :D

jdr Sep 28th 2009 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by ernesto (Post 7971628)
Told off recently and removed from another forum for using my user name at the bottom of my posts. Fair or not fair???
I must admit to applying my name as if I'm writing a letter. Does it bother anyone here? I was a little miffed so in my last post before being removed I made my name larger.
Ernesto

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Totally agree, I would of done the same and banned you.......

NOT !

JDR

Patty Sep 28th 2009 6:58 pm

agreed - most of the 'other' forums are clicky and boring !! Always someone with snide remarks and petty digs - can get to you if you're a bit sensitive :unsure:
This is the best one :thumbup::thumbup:

TestaRossa Sep 28th 2009 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7972371)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Totally agree, I would of done the same and banned you.......

NOT !

JDR

:rofl::rofl:

Gio Sep 29th 2009 6:06 am

Yes it was annoying. So.... just walk away? It was a very cliquey forum run by one person who was the only moderator. The worst part of it all was being banned before I could run it passed anyone else & not having a public say. So bad,bad,bad boy Ernesto is how it looked. Which was not the case. Bloody hell. Why worry it's only Cyber Space. But, my name has been besmirched. But the very worst thing is being powerless and having NO say and not being able to defend myself.
Ernesto;)

Mr Posh Sep 29th 2009 6:19 am

Ernesto: send me a PM with link to the forum so i can go have some FUN and see how long it takes me to get banned :thumbup:

Kindest Regards

STUD

Lorna at Vicenza Sep 29th 2009 6:21 am

Originally Posted by ernesto (Post 7973684)
Yes it was annoying. So.... just walk away? It was a very cliquey forum run by one person who was the only moderator. The worst part of it all was being banned before I could run it passed anyone else & not having a public say. So bad,bad,bad boy Ernesto is how it looked. Which was not the case. Bloody hell. Why worry it's only Cyber Space. But, my name has been besmirched. But the very worst thing is being powerless and having NO say and not being able to defend myself.
Ernesto;)

Very annoying - but put it behind you or send an email or PM to the owner explaining yourself - and then put it behind you.

We still love ya - but for gawd's sake......stop writing your name after every post. This is a forum you know - not letter writing practice.

Yours sincerely,
Lorna

:rofl: