Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Timber Framed House

Timber Framed House

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:29 am
Just Joined

cottonbud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timber Framed House

Has anyone any advise on Timber Framed houses. ie. Is it possible to have this type of house in Italy? Has anyone built their own or designed their own and got around the Italian bureaucracy without too many problems. Any advise would be very gratefully received.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:45 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timber Framed House

A friend of ours looked into it but couldn't find a plot of land so it is possible. Don't know where you are based but there a lot of timber framed house in the Trentino Alto Adige region.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 37100
A friend of ours looked into it but couldn't find a plot of land so it is possible. Don't know where you are based but there a lot of timber framed house in the Trentino Alto Adige region.
Were in Le marche, not sure where the region is that your talking about. Thanks for the reply
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:47 am
Just Joined

bobbob is an unknown quantity at this point

As a semi retired housebuilder with a place in Calabria, I have also considered the possibility of building in Calabria using timber frames, which I have used many times in the UK. I would be grateful if you would keep me posted with any progress. Thanks, bobbob
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Bobbob, Will keep you posted, although from the response there doesn't seem to be too many people around that have done it..
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:01 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

''got around the Italian bureaucracy without too many problems''

now there is a challenge in itself...... but good luck
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi, Did you use an Italian company? Would like to pick you brains if you don't mind. Would it be possible to talk to you
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:36 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Cottonbud,
were you replying to me in particular, if so I was quoting a part of your previous post, in that does anyone get around the Italian bureaucracy easily, I think not. To that end I don't think you need to talk to me, and besides I now live in Saudi Arabia which would be one helluva of a telephone bill
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:52 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cottonbud
Has anyone any advise on Timber Framed houses. ie. Is it possible to have this type of house in Italy? Has anyone built their own or designed their own and got around the Italian bureaucracy without too many problems. Any advise would be very gratefully received.
Hi,
We have been out and about in Abruzzo around L'aquila and are amazed at the amount of timber framed buildings going up there. This was one we visited, marvellous. We hope to do something on a smaller scale.
Attached Thumbnails Timber Framed House-img_7001.jpg   Timber Framed House-img_7002.jpg   Timber Framed House-img_7003.jpg